How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005?
QuickBooks has completely changed the way of managing complete accounting activities of a small and medium class business with its’ amazing utility. But, at the same time like other devices, Quick may also create some errors that could obstruct you in doing your important task. Some of its users have reported for QuickBooks Error Codes -6138,-1005 while accessing the files of a company. This error can be resolved by the experts of tech support for QuickBooks Error Codes -6138,-1005 whose toll-free number can be dialed at any time to have a perfect resolution.
This Error Code -6138,-1005, happens while trying to open a QuickBooks company files in old or previous QuickBooks version that has been upgraded to newer version of QuickBooks. This error code signifies that files may have got stuck anywhere which are still open somewhere. It also signifies that hosting of that file has been lost. However, this Error Code can be resolved either with an expert technical support for QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005 or you can also go through this article post to resolve this error. Read also https://sites.google.com/site/qbpopuphelp/how-to-fix-quickbooks-warning-error-message
Before going through a solution procedure, you need to make sure that your QuickBooks is up-to-date. After confirming this, you can follow the steps as shown below:
Be sure that your new version of QuickBooks is able to open the company files. For doing this, you need to follow the steps below:
- First, open your QuickBooks program.
- Now, go to File> Open or Restore Company. This will open window of Open or Restore Company.
- Now, choose 'Open a company file' and then click ‘Next’.
- Now, browse for company file that you want to open.
After going through all these steps, if the problem still remains same then you can have technical customer support for QuickBooks error. You may also proceed to next solution steps to scan the files with the use of Data Server Manager.
- Here, you first need to click on Start>All Programs>QuickBooks, and then QuickBooks Data server Manager.
- Now, click on the tab of Scan Folders.
- Now, click on add folder or highlight the folder with files and click on Scan.
- Now, confirm that you have got heading as "QuickBooks Company files found".
- Now, finally try to open a file.
However, if you still find problem with your QuickBooks software then you need to connect with QuickBooks customer support to have a perfect and accurate solution without wasting your precious time. Read more http://articles.org/resolve-quickbooks-error-1603-update-installer-or-unable-to-apply-patches/
Aliena Marion have more than 3 years experience in writing about technical support service. Aliena enjoyed to write about QuickBooks, Quicken and Sage accounting software.