Proper Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Serta Memory Foam Mattress
Posted: Feb 10, 2017
Serta makes some of the highest-quality memory foam mattresses. Among its latest products is the king size iComfort mattress, which features the signature EverFeel Triple Effects gel memory foam that responds to the movements and needs of your body. A Serta memory foam mattress can be an important investment that improves the quality of your sleep, so it makes sense to ensure that you can enjoy it for many decades to come. Take note of the following proper care and maintenance tips for your Serta memory foam mattress:
- Have the proper foundation – Proper care starts as early as when your mattress is still brand new. Make sure that it has the right foundation that can resist sagging, which can occur gradually. Consider a matching box spring, a bed frame with an appropriate number of slats, or an adjustable foundation as foundation
- Apply a mattress protector – Stains and spills can reduce the quality and integrity of the foam and fabric on the Serta memory foam mattress. In worst cases, severe spills can make the foam collapse and form impressions, which can cause a great deal of discomfort for your back. Hence, consider investing in a high-quality breathable mattress protector that can resist liquids to prevent spills from seeping thoroughly into the mattress.
- Rotate the mattress – Sleep surfaces can wear out over time. You can even out the normal wear by rotating the mattress regularly. Have someone assist you when doing so, since the Serta memory foam mattress can be heavy.
- Routinely clean the mattress – Regular cleaning can minimize the allergen and dust buildup on and within the mattress. Use a vacuum cleaner with an appropriate attachment for upholstery to clean the Serta memory foam mattress. If you need to wash the mattress, avoid saturating the memory foam with water and liquid cleaners as these can damage it. Instead, spot clean the stains using mild detergent and warm water, and allow the surface to dry completely before covering the mattress with sheets.
- Understand what is covered by the warranty – Most warranties cover manufacturing defects. Be sure to read and understand the warranty and how long it will last.
This article is written by Alison Veronesi, associated as Marketing Manager at Good Morning Mattress Center.