Flu Shot Vaccination : Key Facts You Should Know
Posted: Mar 12, 2017
If we talk about people in numbers then around millions of people are having the chance of getting the flu every year, around hundreds of thousands of people are hospitalized and near about thousands or tens of thousands of people die from flu-related issues every year. You know even a healthy person can get very sick from the flu and spread it to others. According to CDC estimates that the number of patients that are hospitalized since 2010 ranged from 140,000 to 710,000, on the other hand, flu-related deaths is approximately ranged from 12,000 to 56,000.
The term Influenza is often referred as 'the flu', which is caused due to the member of influenza virus family that usually attacks the upper respiratory tract. Basically, it involves a combination of respiratory (a sore throat, cough) and constitutional (fever, muscle aches, headache) symptoms. Do you know that Influenza is a communicable disease and it mostly transmitted by tiny droplets of moisture from the respiratory tract of infected people? Currently, in the United States, influenza case is at its peak and is expected to increase in coming years. As a severe after effect, it can lead the hospitalization and sometimes even results in death. With the help of Flu shot vaccine Influenza can be treated. If you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get it treated at the walk in clinic Hoboken.
Everyone should remember and follow few facts about the flu shot that will help you to stay safe and healthy:-
- The chances of spreading flu are high even when you don't feel sick. In some cases even infected person won't always show symptoms like coughing, sneezing, and running a fever.
- The high rate of the population is getting hit by the flu in their older age. This happens mostly during flu seasons, and around 90 percent of related deaths were of people of age 65 or older than that. Even it is common in Pregnant women, very young kiddos, and anyone suffering from a long-term medical condition like diabetes, asthma, or heart disease.
- Use of productive Vaccination: - According to the latest reviews the Centers for Disease control and Prevention recently suggested that flu mist nasal spray is not beneficial in the case of preventing the flu from 2013 to 2016. After that, the CDC recommended that injectable vaccination should be used
- Accessibility in Different Forms: - In comparison to standard form, Flu shots are even available in various forms like small needle version, high-dose version, an egg-free version. According to different age groups, different versions are which are suitability to the patient.
- It's an old saying that you might have heard somewhere that Prevention is Better than Cure: - In the year 2013, a research published in the journal Clinical Infectious Disease that people who are suffering from flu were less likely to be hospitalized. It was advised by the Health officials that people should get their flu shots every year and in early fall as exactly when flu season starts.
- The Misconceptions Related to Flu Shot: - Some people are having a doubt that the flu shot might result in the occurrence of the flu and the other one is that it won't work. The Flu Shot are beneficial in the case of Influenza.
- Latest research states that One shot may work better than two. According to the latest reviews, it was noticed that getting a flu shot two years in a continuation actually results in decreased vaccine effectiveness.
- It is necessary to take extra precautions if you have an egg allergy. That's because all the antibodies in the standard flu shot are generated with the help of using a virus grown in eggs.
Consultation is available for Flu Shot Newark Nj, it is advisable to consult a doctor first before taking any injection.
Hi there! As a writer, I like jotting down the techniques related to health and fitness, technologies, internet marketing and much more. I am also going to help you in making right decisions for any unpredictable things.