Planning to Work in Canada, Know the Immigration Policies
Posted: Mar 15, 2017
A country that sits like a jewel on top of a hill is none other than Canada. And the desire to make it to there is a strong will and determination. As doors open to stride into Canada for work permits, this entry enhances lives of the goers and an economic benefit to the host country.
And a gateway to Canada is majorly an employment opportunity. Canada seeks to attract skilled workers to fill a vacant position that is a proclivity for the vacancies to be filled by local citizens. Each year 200,000 overseas skilled workers come to work in Canada on temporary work permit visas.
How to Get a Canada Work Visa?
The standard operating procedure is crucial while applying for a Canadian Work Visa. Firstly the visas are temporary they are not the same as immigration visas, are in most cases available only to those who have a job offer from a Canadian employer who is authorized to fill the position with a foreign worker.
The employer must cooperate with the prospective employee to complete this process because a positive labour market opinion (a document confirming the position’s status) is usually required to obtain an authorization to work in Canada.
Basically, a Canadian employer who intends to hire a foreign skilled worker ensures all credentials for the issuing of a Canada work visa. The initial step would be to receive an authorisation from the Labour Market Opinion and the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.
Steps to get a Canada Work Visa:
- A job that suits the candidature which exclusively has to be filled by a non-Canadian based on the relevant occupation.
- The employer has to acquire a letter confirming the labour market opinion as well
- If questioned the applicant needs to satisfy the visa officer that at the verge of the employment that one would leave Canada.
- Evidence of past work credentials
- Relevant proof that one has the eligibility to fill the current job offered in Canada
- Sufficient funds to support the stay of the individual and the dependent family members as well.
- By all means, the applicant ought to abide with the law and needs to possess a clean criminal record.
- Health is most prominent.
- Documents have to be translated into English. Meaning contents in the form should be in English itself.
- Lastly, the documents have to be filled in the required order; this will enable the smooth processing of the Canada Visa.
The Federal skilled worker's program is a points-based program. The program paves the way to offer a permanent resident visa to Canada. This is an added benefit to the eligible family members as well who will have to meet the needed criteria.
Points are awarded for workers with the needed factors
- Age (12 points)
- Education (25 points)
- Adaptability (10 points)
- Work experience (15 points)
- Qualifying Canadian job offer (10 points)
- English/French language skills (28 points)
The base score has to be 67 points out of a maximum of 100 points. Having secured the set eligible score applicants need to also qualify the English language eligibility test. There should be an acceptable score which will pave way for the Favorable Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
All those issued with a Permanent visa to Canada are authorized to live and work in Canada. This would also enable the applicant to avail basic health care and access to educational programs which are humongous. The opportunity to experience the upscale living for which Canada is renowned for will be a dream that will come true. Having lived in Canada for 4 years will enable the person to stand as eligibility for the Canadian Citizenship.
Requirements for the Express Entry
- Meeting the criteria of the Federal Skilled workers program
- The qualified will all be placed to meet the points based assessment under a grid supposedly called the Comprehensive Ranking system
- The ranking will be allotted in regards to the points acquired.
- The applicant with the highest scores will be invited to apply for permanent residency.
- The pooling process is for 12 months, sooner than the completing of the stipulated time till their application is being nominated.
Y-Axis is India’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant and presumably the world’s largest B2C immigration firm. Established in 1999, our 30 company owned and managed offices across India, Dubai, London.