Know when to and how to reset your Chromecast?
Posted: Mar 24, 2017
- You change your wireless router. This streaming device only remembers a solo network. If you changed router, you can either follow the procedure of setup if the previous network is out of range or simply perform the reset. You can also contact professionals for precise ChromeCast help.
- Your streaming device hangs or freezes. You need to try to plug out the USB power cable, now plug it back and check whether your streaming device (Chromecast) is working or not. But if this doesn’t work or Chromecast hangs constantly, it is good idea to perform reset your streaming device (factory data reset) before calling Google assistance or returning the unit.
- How to reset Chromecast (factory data reset)?
- Method 1: Use the button on Chromecast to reset Chromecast
Hold down the button (next to the micro port of USB) on your streaming device for around 25 seconds or until the solid light starts flashing or blinking. Then you need to disconnect the USB power cable. Wait a few seconds. Link the USB cable again. And that’s it is. You can also take ChromeCast Support for more fine direction.
Chromecast holds only one button, so surely you won’t miss it.
- Method 2: Using Chromecast App in your devices to reset Chromecast
- Sometimes, if Chromecast simply hangs and you can’t link to it from your device, then you have to use first method (mentioned above) to reset Chromecast.
You can make a tap on ‘Factory reset Chromecast’ so you can perform reset. (Occasionally, you can reboot the streaming device by tapping ‘Reboot Chromecast’).
After resetting process, all your previous network settings will be wiped out. You need a link to the wireless router again following the manual of Chromecast.
Author at GoogleCastBlog.com despite having a significant amount of information on Google Chromecast is not affiliated with Google in any way. The sole motive of creating the blog is make people aware of the latest updates.