Need Relief From Constipation - 5 Ayurvedic Remedies at Your Rescue
Posted: Jun 13, 2019
Constipation is an irritating problem that mostly occurs due to the absence of adequate amount of fiber or water in your diet. It is caused by slow movement of food through the digestive tract. Constipation can occur due to poor bowel habit, eating less fiber, medications, hormonal issues or some other disease.
Here are some common solutions that can seriously help you out in constipation:
1. Yogurt: Excellent source of probiotics, which contain beneficial bacteria are a great remedy for constipation. However, you can take the humble homemade yogurt full of beneficial bacteria in your meal every day and get relief from constipation.
- Oatmeal Tea: When things are severe, oatmeal is fibrous, honey is healing and moisturizing and chamomile is an anti-inflammatory agent, which soothes the stomach. Together, they can stop severe constipation. So, take a cup of water and add three teaspoons of oatmeal, a tea bag of chamomile and two teaspoons of honey. Drink 2-3 times a day if your problem is severe.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is an effective cure for gas, pressure and pain in the digestive tract and stomach ache as excessive air is released from the body by its action. It also functions as a laxative by making the passage of accumulated waste products through the intestines a smooth process. Moreover, stool is loosened and passed without pain on its consumption. Directions - take a quarter cup of warm water and stir a teaspoon of baking soda into it. Consume the mixture as quickly as you can.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is often referred to as a stimulant laxative and is a very useful remedy for constipation. Castor oil enables smooth movement and functioning of the intestines, making it easier for stool to pass. Directions - drink 1 to 2 teaspoons of castor oil on an empty stomach. It takes about 8 hours to show its effect, so decide which time of the day will be suitable for you to consume it.
5. Coconut oil and flaxseed: A great combination coconut oil is a wonderful hydrating agent and eases stool. Flaxseeds help in the elimination of toxins, excess fat and cholesterol from the body. So in one tablespoon of coconut oil add half a teaspoon of flaxseeds, chew well and eat this every morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult rasyog and ask a free question.
Rasyog Ayurveda offers consultation through the various media like phone and online consults apart from clinical consults. Dr.Amol Bamane is an Ayurvedic doctor and the hands-on practitioner at Rasyog Ayurveda, since the year of its inception in 2007