What is a network security engineer? | freelance websites that pay well
Posted: Oct 26, 2017
What is a network security engineer? On the off chance that you've at any point need somebody who can isolate infections, malware, spyware and other destructive PC diseases, you may discover them convenient. A system security engineer shields your system from assaults by deleting bugs that are already existing and shielding your system from future dangers.
A network security engineer makes a multifaceted showing with regards to. They are in charge of a wide range of undertakings on the IT range. The majority of these assignments are identified with security.
Some of Network Security Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Looking after LAN, WAN and server engineering
- Understand existing security issues, for example, infections or equipment glitch
- Testing frameworks for vulnerabilities in equipment and programming
- Keeping up virtual private systems, firewalls, email security and web conventions, security, and projects
- Creating virus detection systems
- Creating following contents to record framework vulnerabilities
- Announcing security examination discoveries
- Regulating the installation of new programming and equipment
- Investigating and executing new security conventions and advancements
- Adjusting administrative frameworks inside IT security
- Keeping up the respectability of equipment and programming
- Researching security breech cautions
- Make and keep up security strategies
- Create validation and approval conventions
- Periodically supplanting framework engineering
- Keeping up servers and switches
Network Security Engineer Compensation:
According to, the normal compensation of a network security engineer is $85,000, and they have a high level of job satisfaction. Some network engineers will also be required to travel to different branches of an organization to monitor the system and replace the older network architecture.
Security Engineer Career Paths
Once you’ve made a name for yourself as a Security Engineer, you might be interested in positions with more managerial oversight and career flexibility:
- Security Architect
- Security Manager
- Security Consultant
From there, you could work your way into a C-suite position such as:
- Security Director
Certifications for Security Engineers
Here is the list of a variety of certifications you may wish to consider as you build your career. None of these are necessarily mandatory – check current job descriptions for a sense of what’s popular:
CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
CCNP Security: Cisco Certified Network Professional Security
GSEC / GCIH / GCIA: GIAC Security Certifications
CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Core Freelance Platforms for making Extra Money
There are various freelance platforms like upwork, peopleperhour, freelance, guru for earning some extra income. When coming to Network Engineer freelance Jobs Filed Engineer is the right platform. This is the platform specifically designed to help Network Engineers find work and get paid quickly.
Divya Chowdary is a Networking Analyst and Staff Author at Fieldengineer.com which is an On-Demand Marketplace which connects businesses and freelance network engineers in networking industry.