How To Troubleshoot Norton Ghost Error ec8f17b3?
Posted: Nov 20, 2017
Norton is a leading name in the world of online security services providers. It offers a great selection of antivirus and other security solutions that offer high-end protection against all kinds of viruses, Trojan horses, phishing scams and other online threats. The best part of Norton security solutions are they don’t need someone to alert them for scanning the software, files, applications and other data available on the computer system.
It is an in-built function to begin a scan check without even letting you know or without interrupting any other ongoing process on the computer system. You can simply concentrate on your work without thinking about the viruses that may harm your device. Whenever Norton antivirus finds some suspicious activity (online or offline), it sends you an alert. You can fix it by simply clicking over the fix button. With Norton on your PC, you can also ensure that all the transactions you made online are absolutely secure. Norton also scans every attachment and let you allow download it only if it finds it safe.
Besides providing high level protection, the antivirus may stop working due to different errors. These errors can occur at the time of download, installation, activation or while running this security application. The most common Norton Ghost Error among all is ec8f17b3. This error occurs during installation or activation due to issues like corrupted windows registry, missing file, incomplete installation or corrupted download files.Symptoms of Norton Ghost Error ec8f17b3
Norton Ghost error ec8f17b3 is likely to occur in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME and Windows 2000 operating system.
- Frequent Crashing of the active program window
- When you see this message "cannot complete copying of your drive"
- Computer system hangs or freezes frequently
- Windows responds slow to input/output commands
To fix this error, you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Repair all the registries linked with error ec8f17b3
- Begin a complete malware scan for your PC
- Clean all the junk and temporary files using disc cleanup
- Update your device drivers of the PC to the latest version available
- Use windows system restore to "undo" recent system changes
- Uninstall and then reinstall the Norton antivirus antivirus program related with error ec8f17b3
- Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")
- Install All Windows Updates
- Initiate a Clean Installation of Windows
If the aforementioned solution doesn’t work in your favor then contact Norton.com/Setup customer support team instantly. The team offers round-the-clock support services so you can call them as per your convenience. The technicians at Norton.com/Setup will be glad to assist you with the best possible solution.