How to Reset Password for QuickBooks Admin and other Users
Posted: Jun 14, 2018
It is known to every computer user that whenever a person logs into QuickBooks accounting software, the QuickBooks Desktop automatically creates the Admin user. There are chances that you may be using another log in references given by the Admin. You can reset/recover your QuickBooks password to get required and essential security updates and other surprising assets. It is a human tendency to forget the password and if you have forgotten your QuickBooks Administrator password for your company file, then you can reset it using QuickBooks Automated Password Removal Service. This service tool is built into the QuickBooks and to reset your password, you will have to go through the following steps:
- Fill the QuickBooks Administrator Password Reset form in order to reset the code.
- Enter the password reset code so that the current Administrator can be removed from the system and records.
- Then, create a new QuickBooks Administrator password for your company file.
Steps to reset your password through reset code are:
- Login to the company file as administrator.
- Go to Company Menu and select the password you want to change.
- Then, choose ‘Edit User’.
- Enter the new password and confirm the password field.
- Then, click Next twice and then Finish.
In addition to this, there are many other steps and methods that can be followed to reset the password.
There are some important password tips that one needs to remember while setting the password:
- Password should not contain spaces. If you have put spaces, then reenter the new password without spaces.
- Do not go with a simple password as this can easily be hacked. Go for a complex password and make sure you follow these instructions: at least 7 characters (letters, numbers, special characters), at least 1 number, at least one uppercase letter.
- You may also see an incorrect login screen. A login screen that asks for a password and not a username is obviously and undoubtedly the administrator’s login screen and since you have a non-admin login, then you will have to close QuickBooks and reopen it.
- The password can also be blank as some people choose to leave the password to their data file or blank.
- After this, press OK on the login screen without entering the password.
Now you know all the important instructions for resetting the password, it’s time to get the steps to reset the password which are as below:
- Open the company file and select Company> Set up Users and Password.
- Enter your password in the current password field. This will be an old password.
- Then, enter the new password and confirm the new password.
- Then, click OK.
Your password is set. Now you can easily login to QuickBooks accounting software. But in case, you have forgotten your password then, there are ways to reset the password. The steps are given below:
- On the QuickBooks login screen, select I Forgot my Password.
- Answer all the security questions which you had selected during creation of your account.
- Then, click OK.
- Press on Close when you see the following message: "When you removed the password and challenge answer and question, your company file is no longer password-protected. When you nearby this window, then you create a new password and select and answer your challenge question."
- Now open the window and change your password.
- Enter a new password along with a new challenge question.
- Press OK.
All these steps will enable you to reset your QuickBooks admin password for other users seamlessly. If you face any trouble resetting your password, you can get in touch with QuickBooks Support Number at 1-800-880-6389.
Hi! I'm Steve Macchan and currently i am residing in USA. Also I am a certified ProAdvisor. I write informative article related to accounting i.e QuickBooks Support & Help from many years.