How To Crack IELTS Exam Easily With 7+ Score?
Posted: May 23, 2019
If you are going to take the IELTS exam and feeling nervous then you need some pointers which help you to achieve good results in your IELTS score. Enrolling is a reputable IELTS coaching institute in Jalandhar or near your place will help you completely understand how the test works. Well, calm down your nerves and go through the following tips. These tips will definitely move you forward to achieve your desired results.
1. Go through the exam swiftly: Many students complain about insufficient time to complete the exam, mainly in the reading and listening section. To overcome this situation you must walk through the exam quickly. You must develop the skills of fast reading and could not be developed in one day. For this, you require the regular practice of solving IELTS exams, read as much as you can and strengthen your vocabulary.
Develop fast writing skills by writing a bulk of paragraphs from any books, newspapers or any reading material.
To enhance listening skills, listen to English radio channel, watch Hollywood movies but without looking at subtitles or you can listen to English music and try to identify the lyrics and try to re-iterate the same.
- Read the Instructions carefully: In a hurry to complete the exam, most of the candidates skip to read the instructions but sometimes these instructions provide a clue to how to attempt a question. So skipping test instructions is not a time-saving technique, even it may spoil your exam score.
- Try to answer all questions: There are categories of questions including multiple choices, short answers, fill in the blanks and so on. If you have a shortage of time and you do not know the exact answer to a question, then simply 'guess'. You may use logic to figure out the answer and write it in the style instructed. The positive thing is that there is no negative marking. If your guess is right, you will earn some lucky points.
- One-word Answers in Speaking is an offense: Answering the question in just 'Yes' or 'No' will definitely hurt your score. Try to answer in at least 2-3 sentences which shows that you are eager to talk. This will leave a good impression. It is time to show you grammatical skills, vocabulary, and pronunciation. Take control of your body movements and you must hold your hands in your lap.
- Speak Naturally: Do not speak as you have memorized the answers or you are a robot. It will have a bad impression on the examiner. Try to set yourself apart from other candidates by giving some interesting information about yourself to the examiner.
You must prepare adequately before the exam. There are many candidates who appear for this test but without preparation. It may happen that a candidate who lived in a foreign country for many years and assumes that his level of English is compared to the native-speaker and will obtain 8 bands easily but it is an assumption only. He can manage to score 6.5 bands if he does not know the requirements of the exam. So with prior knowledge and practice, you can ace the IELTS exam.
Fond of writing articles on variable topics.