How to change Gmail password on iPhone 6
Posted: Aug 13, 2019
Gmail account is not only used to send and receive messages but it is also used to login to various Google apps like Google Play or Google music. For security reasons, Gmail password should be changed regularly. Changing a password at regular intervals, keeps your account safe from hackers and misuse. Since Gmail could be used on various devices, you will have to follow different procedure for each device and app to change the password. If you are using iphone6, you can follow these steps to change your Gmail password.
Steps to change Gmail password on iPhone 6
- Open Gmail app on your iPhone. Log in using your username and password.
- Go to menu. Menu button is represented by three horizontal lines at the upper left-hand corner. Go to settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Navigate to your account and then click on manage your Google account.
- Go to personal info from the top.
- Under profile section, tap on password.
- Enter your New password, re-type the new password.
- Select Change password.
When you have forgotten your Current Gmail password.
In case you have forgotten your Gmail password, you can recover it using below steps:
- Before proceeding, make sure that you have a secondary email address and you haven’t logged into your Gmail account for five days.
- Select Forgot Password on the Gmail account screen.
- Now you will be redirected to account recovery page. Type your full Gmail address and select Next.
- Answer the questions asked to verify your identity. Be sure to answer them correctly.
- Once it is verified that you are the actual owner of the account, you will be logged in to the account.
- Now create a new password which you are able to remember easily. Create a strong password using numbers, letters and special characters.
Common questions asked for Gmail account recovery
- A previous password if you remember any. In case you remember an old password, enter it.
- You may be asked for verification through mobile or email. Enter the code received on your email address or phone number in the field provided to get back your access to Gmail account.
- Take the help of secondary email address. A link will be sent to your alternate email address entered by you. Use the verification code received on that link. This is applicable when you don’t have access to either of them.
- Answer a security question for your Gmail password recovery.
- Try to recall the month and year when you set up the account. Enter the correct details and you will get your access back.
- After successfully completing the above steps, create a new password. Reenter to confirm.
Since Gmail could be used on various devices, you will have to follow different procedure for each device and app to change the password. If you are using iphone6, you can follow these steps to change your Gmail password.