Best Tips for Choosing Books to Prepare For GRE Test
Posted: Aug 13, 2019
The GRE test is one of the most competitive exams and requires rigorous preparation. It is therefore important to have the right study material at your disposal. You can of course, get material from your class when you join a good quality GRE course, but it will also be helpful if you buy a book that can be kept at hand and can be referred to whenever the needs arises. However, when you look for a book choice to help you with your GRE preparation, the choices can be staggeringly confusing. Ranging from highly priced tomes to one’s bordering almost on free, a student is faced with a plethora of choices, which adds to his confusion.
It is important to not buy a book just because its price is low. GRE preparation book is not an area where you should go bargain hunting, trust us! Books for GRE preparation should be considered as investments in your life, and you should be willing to fork out some hard cash on your career advancement. We share a few tips to help you with selecting a book to help you ace the GRE examTips To Select a Book for GRE Preparation
- While all GRE books are more or less of the same size, it is recommend that you choose books that are bigger than the average run of the mill books. This would ensure that not only is the syllabus thoroughly covered, but also there are more examples and samples papers for you to practice.
- Check for books that are made out of good quality paper. It may seem silly to consider the quality of paper when you are buying a book for GRE exam preparation. But this book is likely to be much used by you over the course of preparation and it would be a shame to have your book in tatters by the time you are done with half your prep
- Same goes for the quality of the book spine and the covers. You should choose a GRE book that has a sturdy spine and can withstand repeated usage. However it should also be light weight enough that you can carry easily. You should choose a book that is durable and can help you in your preparation every day
- Select a book that addresses all your concerns with respect of GRE. If you are weak on math section and need help understanding concepts, then choose books that lay emphasis on starting concepts from scratch.
- Go for a GRE preparation book that is published by one of the well known brands. You can get the guarantee of quality from a top brand and the research that these brands conduct, helps you to get the latest updated material in the book
6. Choose a book that has an adequate number of mock tests to help you practice for GRE test and to gain the confidence for test day
To conclude you should choose a book that is durable, lightweight, and consisting of material that is relevant to your needs and backed by research
We at AbroadTestPrep offer Gre, Gmat, Toefl, Ielts, Pte and Sat training with certified & experienced coaching faculty, best materials, fast track coaching with best & modern training classes & tips to score high with unlimited practice sessions.