How to Change the Lightbulbs in a Jeep Wrangler?
Posted: Feb 14, 2020
Did your front light on your jeep as of late quit working? Utilize this easy to use manual on How to change the lightbulbs in a jeep wrangler. Replace the headlight and get driving once again. You may be worried not to spoil anything while making the replacement. But how complicated can it be to change your own lightbulbs?
Before starting on the process, one needs to be prepared with a number of items.
- Star Bit Screwdriver
- Flathead Screwdriver
Parts for Replacement
- Jeep Wrangler Replacement Headlight × 2
How easy is it to learn how to change the lightbulbs on your jeep?
The answer is quite easy. Once you have the above items in place and ready to work on your jeep, then go right ahead and follow below instructions, which are easy as pie.
8 Simple steps to changing lightbulbs on a jeep wrangler
- Find the two latch locks on either side of the hood close to the headlights
- Pull the latch locks from the hood to discharge the hooks.
- Reach under the hood of the car and push the switch left to right. You should now have the option to lift the hood.
- Prop open the hood by embedding the supporting bar into the assigned gap on the underside of the hood.
- Find each of the six push on latches on the highest point of the grille.
- Utilize a flathead screwdriver to pry up the latches, and ensure you put the screws someplace safe.
- On the off chance that the clasp won't come up, utilize two flathead screwdrivers on either side of the latch to expel.
- Pull the base of the grille away beginning at one side and progressing in the direction of the other
- Find both ways signal lights under the bumpers.
- Bend signal light toward the ground, and ensure you haul the bulb out cautiously.
- Ensure you are handling the bulb cautiously.
- Ensure all clasp are expelled from the top of the grille, and the highest point of the grille is free.
- Solidly pull the base of the grille until it separates from the jeep.
- Find the 4 fastens holding the front headlight.
- Utilize a star bit screwdriver to unscrew the star bit screws around the front light, and ensure you place screws someplace safe.
- Hold the front light when unscrewing the last screw to keep the headlight from falling.
- Utilize your hands to deliberately expel silver ring from the headlight.
- Find the red tab on the front light attachment connector, and push it away from the headlight.
- Firmly pull the connector away from the front lamp to evacuate.
- Pull the bulb from the housing.
- Push connector locking tab to the open position.
- Expel connector from the bulb.
- Push connector onto the new bulb base and push the connector locking tab to the lock position.
- Reinstall bulb housing.
Try not to touch the new bulb with your fingers. Oil pollution will seriously shorten bulb life. In the event that the bulb interacts with any slick surface, clean the bulb with rubbing alcohol.
To reassemble, follow the above directions in reverse order. This is an easy Do It Yourself project. The process takes less than 10 minutes once you get used to it.
Automotive Related More Info Click Here
I write about automotive article or info. I think you will be benefited.