Online Test Series for Mechanical Gate Engineering
Posted: Feb 02, 2021
Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering which combines engineering physics and mathematics principles with materials science to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. It is basically divided in to the following broad categories:
- Thermal Engineering and Applications
- Production and Manufacturing Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Design Engineering
IITs, NITs and various engineering institutions offer B. Tech and M. Tech degrees in Mechanical Engineering. For B. Tech degree, student has to qualify JEE exam. For M. Tech degree, entrance exam is GATE. Qualifying in GATE exam gives chance not only to IITs but also jobs in Public sector undertaking (PSUs). For GATE exam, syllabus is four year degree course (B. Tech course) which should be studied thoroughly. Mechanical engineering is best for those students who like to find practical solutions to problems and have the zeal to turn the ideas in to reality.
Whenever a student starts preparation for either JEE or GATE exam, he joins an institute to know the methods how to crack these exams. These exams require preparation throughout the year. But along with class room studies, it is necessary to know how the preparation is going on. This is best possible by joining any online test series. But this is again confusing which test series should be joined. A student should prefer a test series which provides many questions of preparation in each subject. It should also provide mock test paper at regular interval of time e.g. after completion of each subject to check the performance level.
On what basis we should decide to join Online test series for Mechanical Engineering:
- Syllabus: It should cover complete syllabus of Mechanical Engineering which is normally asked in GATE exam. Same syllabus is preferred in public sector undertakings also.
- Level of Questions: Questions level should be same as GATE exams and should cover all types of question mentioned in GATE syllabus.
- Types of Questions: There are three types of questions; multiple choice questions (MCQs), multiple select questions (MSQs) and Numerical answer type questions (NATs). Good online test series should contain all above question in sufficient number.
- Analysis Report: It should give a detailed report giving areas of weak points where students have to pay more attention. It may be related to concepts or analytical skills.
- Solutions: Test series should also provide solutions to as many questions as possible so that students may be able to know the reason of mistakes and have chance to improve those mistakes.
- Revision Facility: Only few websites on test series have facility of revision list. But it is very important for a student. Once a student attempt any mock test, it is difficult to remember all the question if revision facility is not available. But student feel comfortable with revision facility as it makes available all questions attempted whenever required for revision.
RnRead Also: https://articles.abilogic.com/472784/online-test-series-gate.html
7. Previous Year Papers: It should also provide questions from previous year papers for any competitive exam of mechanical engineering so that a student became able to answer the questions asked in any exam.Keeping all above points in minds, student should make a plan of studies and start preparation so that he can definitely crack the exam in mechanical engineering. A proper planning leads the student towards the success without any error.
Hey everyone I always writing about educational blog for Gate, Olympiad, Online test series for Nso and etc, exam this time I am writing about How to prepare for Gate mechanical exam.