How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 853
Posted: Apr 02, 2021
Canon printers are the choice of millions. These printers are perfect for both home and office use. When it comes to print quality, Canon printers stand out from other printers available in the market. Some users often complain that their Canon printer displays the error code 853 and is not working properly. If the same case is with you, you are at the right place where the solution lies. In the article, we have shared some effective methods to fix the error code 853 on the Canon printer. In order to resolve the error properly, you need to know the basic causes for the error code. Let's get started.
What is the Reason for the Error Code 853 on Canon Printer?
The basic cause for the appearance of the error code 853 on your Canon printer is an incorrect file system in your operating system. When you see the error code, there is no need to worry. The error code indicates that something is wrong with your Canon printer, and you need to fix it immediately. The article explains how one can quickly troubleshoot the Canon printer error code both automatically and manually.
Steps to Troubleshoot the Error Code 853 on Canon Printer
After you have become aware of the cause for the occurrence of the error code 853, you will be able to troubleshoot it quickly. We have explained the quick ways to resolve the error. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start your computer.
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Click on the Start button and then choose All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click on System Restore.
- When you see a new window open on the screen, you need to choose "Restore my computer to an earlier time," and then click Next.
- Now, you need to select the most recent system restore point and then click Next.
- When the confirmation window appears, click Next.
- Restart your computer when the restoration is complete. All the changes will now be applied.
Note: Keep in mind that the problem may sometimes occur due to the printer drivers. Updating the drivers is a quick fix.
Update Drivers for Your Canon Printer
The error code may sometimes be caused due to the obsolete drivers on your Canon printer. The effective solution to the problem is updating drivers. We have described the step-by-step procedure to download and update the drivers for your Canon printer in the article. If you want to fix the error code 853, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, connect your computer to a high-speed internet connection.
- Open any updated web browser.
- Visit Canon support and drivers' page.
- Enter your Canon printer model in the search box and click Search.
- To check the printer model, have a look at your printer's manual.
- When you see the list of matching drivers and software for your Canon printer model, download them.
- Download 32-bit or 64-bit according to your computer.
- After downloading the drivers, open zip. folder.
- Click the Start button and then click "Device and printers."
- Right-click on the Canon printer that appears on the computer screen.
- Select "Printer Properties."
- Click on the "Advanced tab" and click "New Driver."
- Click Next and Browse, proceed to driver location and click open.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the update.
Like any other printer, Canon printers may also run into errors. By following the instructions above, one can resolve the error code 853 easily. The article above explains the causes for the error code and the solutions to it. We hope you find the solutions good enough.
Hi I am Dana Joyce. I have started working as a Product Designer. This site provides me with all the latest updates regarding business, technology, education, Software, and all other issues.