How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 5200
Posted: Apr 11, 2021
Canon is a renowned name in the world of printers. It is known for manufacturing high-quality and reliable printers. Canon printers may often develop some technical errors which require immediate attention. One of these common errors on the Canon printer is the error code 5200. We have listed the reasons for the appearance of the error code 5200 on a Canon printer and the ways to fix the error instantly. In order to solve the Canon printer error code 5200 quickly, you first need to understand the cause of the error. Let’s get started.Know Why Canon Printer Error Code 5200 Occurs
Canon printer error code 5200 is generally caused owing to cartridge-related problems. The error code may appear due to the low ink level in the cartridge. There may be some issues with the logic board of your printer. If your Canon printer displays the error code 5200, you need to check the cartridge. You have become aware of the reasons behind the appearance of error code 5200, so you can quickly fix the error.Step-by-Step Procedure to Fix the Error Code 5200
To assist you in fixing the error code 500 on your Canon printer, we have shared different solutions that you can put into action in order to troubleshoot the error code 5200.Clean the Cartridge and Print Head Properly
To rectify the error code 5200 on your Canon printer, a Canon printer user can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Unplug the Canon printer’s power cable and keep your printer disconnected from the power source for almost an hour.
- Pull out the cartridges from the Canon printer and clean their print head well.
- After you have cleaned the cartridges, you need to re-plug the power cable and turn on your printer.
- Now, you need to check whether the error code has disappeared or not.
Empty cartridges can pose several problems to your printer. You need to replace the empty cartridge with the filled one or refill the empty cartridge. Follow the steps:
- Check the ink levels of all the cartridges in your Canon printer.
- If any one of them runs low on ink, you need to fill it.
- You can replace the old cartridge with a new one if possible.
- Doing so will cause the error code to disappear instantly.
To reset your printer to default settings, you need to follow the provided instructions:
- Press the ON button to turn off your printer.
- Now, you need to wait for the printer to turn off.
- Press and hold the ‘Stop’ button using your right-hand.
- Press and hold the “ON” button from your left hand.
- Now, release the ‘Stop’ button after 5-7 seconds while continuously pressing the ‘ON’ button.
- While holding the ‘ON” button, press the ‘Stop’ button 5-7 times.
- When you press the button, the yellow light should be switched on and switched off.
- Release all the buttons. LED will glow. This indicates that your printer is in reset mode.
- In case your computer displays a message saying “Installing a new hardware,” you need to ignore the message.
- When your printer starts, the ‘ON’ light stops blinking, and the green light starts.
- Press the ‘ON’ button once and wait for it to switch off.
- Remove the cartridges or clean the print head and then press ‘ON’ to turn your printer on.
- Your printer will start working normally.
These were the effective solutions to fix the error code 5200 on a Canon printer. We hope you find the solutions good enough.
Hi I am Dana Joyce. I have started working as a Product Designer. This site provides me with all the latest updates regarding business, technology, education, Software, and all other issues.