How to Fix the Error Code 5C20 on Canon Printers
Posted: Apr 12, 2021
A Canon printer user may feel frustrated when the error code 5c20 appears on his/her Canon printer. If you are a Canon printer user who has come across the error 5c20, there is no need to get disappointed! You can fix the error code 5c20 at your home without paying someone else. The article explains why the error code 5c20 appears and how one can resolve it. Let’s learn how to fix the error 5c20 on a Canon printer.Know the Cause for the Error code 5c20
This error code may often occur when the print rollers do not function properly. In simple terms, when your printer can’t detect the position of the roller, the error code appears on your Canon printer display. If you are one of those facing the error code 5c20, you can put the below-described steps into action to get rid of the stubborn error code.Solution 1
Several printer experts say that the reset process effectively eliminates several problems on a printer. To fix the error code 5c20, you can reset your Canon printer. To perform the reset process, follow these steps:
- Press the power button located on the Canon printer.
- Now, you need to wait until you see the printer turn off completely.
- Disconnect all the power cables from the power supply for at least 20 seconds.
- Connect the power cables back to the Canon printer and turn the printer on.
- The error code will not disappear on your printer display. The problem is fixed now.
The printhead is an integral part of a printer. When an issue arises with the printhead, check the Canon printer’s printhead and fix any problem with it, this may fix the error. Follow these steps:
- Detach all the power cables of your printer from the power supply. Leave it in the absence of a power supply.
- Now, you need to remove your printer’s cover panel to take a look inside the printer.
- Lift the orange or grey lever and remove the ink cartridges.
- Check the printhead. If you find any issue, try to resolve it.
- Once the issue with the printhead is resolved, the error code 5c20 will completely disappear.
The cartridge carriage belt may lead to this error code on your Canon printer. The belt moves back and forth while your printer prints paper. If it faces obstructions during the movement, you will hear the rattling sound and see the error code 5c20. Fix it by following the steps:
- Remove the carriage and check the belt by using a flashlight.
- You need to ensure that the belt is on its proper place and do not move in an incorrect position while the printer works.
- If the belt feels dry, apply lubricant so that it can move freely and smoothly.
Note: If you do not know much about printers’ inner workings and are not tech-savvy, you should avoid taking risks and contact the Canon support team. They will rectify the error code for you.Conclusion
Fixing the error code 5c20 is quite easy with the help of the methods given above. We hope you find this article of great help.
Hi I am Dana Joyce. I have started working as a Product Designer. This site provides me with all the latest updates regarding business, technology, education, Software, and all other issues.