5 Tips to Find the Best Home Contents Insurance in Singapore
Posted: Dec 07, 2015
Believe it or not, finding the best home contents insurance for your home not only can better protect your property but also can help you save hundreds of dollars in insurance cost. Here are 5 tips if you are considering home contents insurance for your home in Singapore.
- Shop around. Before buying a home contents insurance, you should check the Yellow Pages or ask your friends or contact the state insurance department so as to get useful information to help you choose a reliable insurer in your state. You can also check consumer guides, online insurance quote services and insurance agents and companies. Therefore you can know the price ranges and then to choose the company which has the lowest prices.
- Raise your deductible as possible. Deductibles are the amount that you need to pay toward a loss before the insurer starts to pay a claim which is based on the terms of your policy. Additionally, you can save more money on your premiums for your home if your deductible is higher. It worths mentioning that if you live a place that often with windstorm, you can also have a separate windstorm deductible. Similarly, if your home is in an earthquake-prone area, also you can take a separate earthquake deductible.
- Maintain a good credit record. Maintain a good credit history can enable you to cut your insurance costs. Now more and more insurance providers will use credit information to price home contents insurance policies. In order to protect your credit state, you must pay your bills on time, don't take out more credit than you need and keep your credit balances as low as possible. Check your credit record regularly and then correct errors promptly therefore to keep your record accurate.
- Keep a loyal customer with the same insurer. Keep buying your coverage from the same insurance company for several years, you will get a special discount or some additional policies since you are a long-term policyholder. If you can stay with the same insurance company for three to five years, the company will reduce the premiums by 5 percent or by 10 percent if you can keep a policyholder for at least six years.
- Buy two or more insurance policies from the same insurer. Some insurance companies that provide home contents, auto as well as liability coverage may give 5 to 15 percent off your premium as long as you can buy two or more policies from them. Buying combined policies, the price will be lower than buying different coverages from different insurance companies.
Insurance manager in Singapore. Car insurance, home insurance, fire insurance, phone insurance, business insurance, travel insurance, personal accidents insurance in Singapore etc.