Why did These Startup ideas hit it big!
Posted: Dec 07, 2015
A startup idea is a solution to a particular problem that a consumer faces. This is an important strategy in creating the need for the consumer for your product. There are few established business startupin India today, which seem obvious to have achieved success when we look back today. Till the time we discovered about them, they had already reached a huge number of customers and angel investors We didn't have to question their idea as we already saw it working!
Sometimes the craziest ideas work, they seem very simple but in the long run, the execution of the idea is important. Let's take inspiration from what made these startups hit it big?
- Ola Cabs - Being disappointed with the cabs service he used. A computer engineer from IIT - Bombay, Bhavish Aggarwal decided to do something about it. There were a lot of options to choose from, but the service was abysmal. Why not provide a service which was inexpensive with customer service being the highest priority? Ola Cabs was born with the idea of being tech savvy and asset lite. Unlike Uber, the payment can be done through various modes including cash. Being tied up with a number of Taxi Drivers and having a variety of car options like Luxury, Mini, Prime etc it is expanding at a lion's speed in India. The service being a phone call and free downloadable app away, they are definitely heading for a large customer acquisition.
- Zostel - Are you a vivid lover of traveling? Fed up with the accommodation in India? Zostel, a chain of hostels is here to provide you hygienic and safe accommodation at reasonable price. Currently spread across Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Agra, Varanasi, Delhi, Goa and Vadodara it makes it be one of the hottest startups in India. Changing the way India is traveled, it aims at being one of the biggest chains of hostels in India. Being clear about the target audience and efficient management are the important keys that make startup a success!
- Instamojo - Taking the advantage of the digital market, Instamojo founded by Aditya Sengupta. Akash Gehani, Harshad Sharma, and Sampad Swain sells ebooks and digital music online. With customers from the US UK and Canada. It provides the online geeks with the opportunity to earn for their creativity, making it super easy for them. With people continuously being online and creating products online itself, Instamojo efficiently taps the huge online market. The beauty of selling online is that the internet space makes the world your customer. Instamojo has hit it big recognizing this idea!
- Wooplr - This one from the fashion industry! Wooplr serves as the online fashion adviser and recommended for people. Mobile app and website in place, it has targeted users who are fashion savvy. With lakhs and crores investing in the fashion industry today, this startup provides what the user demands. People being so upbeat about what they wear and the latest fashion trends, wooplr platforms these things for them. Being a fashion facilitator, it has hit it big with recently raising $5 Million dollars from Helion Ventures.
- Internshala - The internship trend that has been booming in India has led Internshala to seize the opportunity. It provides free services for both employer and the student. Started as a blog by the founder Sarvesh Agrawal, graduate from IIT has made Internshala a self-sustained business today. People are understanding the benefit of interning which provide a quality to their work experience.
Everyone has ideas, it is up to you to believe in them and go ahead and get your hands dirty. These startups which hit big found their niche markets, they provided solutions to people, and by being driven with hard work became successful! The mantra for these startups was to target a specific problem and concentrate on solving them by providing best-in-the-class solutions.