Residential Painters London - Get 100% Quality Assured Service
Posted: Jan 13, 2016
Hiring the services of a professional residential painter will eliminate the stress associated with painting and redecorating your home. Choosing the right painter is not as easy, though; you need to make sure that only the trustworthy and reputable professional will work for you. Here are some tips to getting 100 percent quality assured service when hiring residential painters in London:
- Ask for referrals. Ask your neighbours, friends, acquaintances, and colleagues if they have worked with a residential painter recently and were satisfied. Reputable painters get most of their jobs from referrals.
- Get a quote. Find at least two or three residential painters and get a quote from each. The best way to request a quote is to list down all the things that you want done, and arrange for the residential painter to visit your home. This way, the painter can personally evaluate the area that needs to be painted and provide a more accurate quote. Just be sure that the painter will provide a free, no-obligation quote.
- Ask the right questions. Determine how long the painter has been painting houses in London and if they possess the necessary licenses, insurance, and bonding. Find out if the painter is a member of any local or national association for painting and decorating contractors. Do not forget to do your homework and verify their answers yourself. A quick search online and a few phone calls should be able to do the trick if the painter cannot provide any physical proof.
- Explore the portfolio of the painter. Look up samples of the residential painter's previous works. These are typically available its website, but consider going beyond and look up any reviews or testimonials on the painter.
- Look for the TrustMark seal. This proves that the painter is endorsed by a government-backed quality scheme, which guarantees its capability to work to government-endorsed standards. Consider looking up the residential painter in TrustMark's website, too.
- Get everything in writing. Once you have chosen a residential painter in London, request a written contract and be sure to go over it carefully. Remember that you have the right to ask questions and be clarified with any issues. Verify the areas that need to be painted, details on clean-up and preparation, the colours of the paints to be used, the timeline of the project, how and when the painter will be paid, and how the painter will move, cover, and protect items like plants and furniture.
This article is written by Mantas Maciulis, the owner of Capital Painter. Capital Painter is a leading residential painting and decorating company in London.