Importance of Upgraded BRC Food ISSUE 7 Certification for Food Safety
Posted: Feb 06, 2016
The BRC Food ISSUE 7 Standard for Food Safety was developed to assess the safety, quality and operational criteria required to be in place within a food manufacturing organization to fulfill its obligations regarding the compliance with the law and consumer protection for give. The form and content of the Standard is designed to provide an assessment of the premises, the operational systems and procedures of a business permit by a competent third party - the certification body - against the requirements of the standard.
BRC Food ISSUE 7 Certification is designed to enable participants to gain a full understanding of the general principles of the requirements of the standard, including the fundamental clauses and declarations of intent. Attendees will also learn how certified audits compared to the standard works, including the conclusion of the audit, corrective actions and a certificate problem.
Understanding the changes is key to successful implementation of the new requirements and focuses including:
- Maintaining consistency within the audit process
- Reducing fraud
- Promoting transparency in the global food-supply chain
- Attention to the needs of small facilities to improve food safety when developing processes
Changes needed to current version of BRC food safety Certification
It is essential that Food Manufacturers continue to practice with a food safe and legal approach to their businesses by embracing and implementing changes to recognized standards.
New standards are developed to ensure compliance to safe guard the business and the consumer. Since the publication of BRC Standard for Food Safety Issue 6 in January 2012 there have been a number of food safety issues around traceability, threats and vulnerability to the consumer which have generated the scheduling of version 7
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) will be working more closely with certification and accreditation bodies to improve the infrastructure for delivering the standard through enhanced training and the development of performance monitors. To allow time for retailers, producers, and certification bodies to become fully familiar with the new requirements and for the BRC to develop their support and infrastructure, the BRC will not recognize certification against the revised standard for six months after it is formally published. This will be published as a requirement in the standard.
Upgraded BRC Food ISSUE 7 Certification for food safety enables Organization to
- Evidence of involvement Care
- In the event of an incident, the safety of food, legal defense in the context of the due diligence concept.
- Construction and operation of a management system is able to help you to better meet food quality/safety requirements and legal compliance, with specific reference to the legislation in the countries where the finished product is consumed applicable.
- Provide a tool for food safety performance improvement and the means to monitor and effectively measure food safety performance.
- Facilitate reductions in product waste, product processing and product recall.
- Have efficient supply chain management by reducing second party audits and increasing your overall supply chains reliability.
Henry Nelson has published many articles regarding ISO Certification. Henry has rich experience as a online publisher and prepared various Certification documents as per ISO guideline since large amount of years in his professional career.