Choosing Retractable Door Screens: What You Should Know
Posted: Mar 05, 2016
Are you looking to install a sliding door in your living room? Then you would probably also need a door screen. This is especially true if your area gets really warm on some months or if you live in a state that gets lots of sun, such as Florida. Now, contrary to what a lot of people think, finding the right retractable door screens is not really that difficult. If you know what to look for, you can find one that truly fits your specific needs.
But let’s start by identifying what makes great retractable sliding screen doors. Here are the basic requirements:
- Superior quality power coating to match or compliment your sliding door. Your supplier must have dozens of color and finish options so that you can find the right color and finish to suit your door or window.
- High quality screen material. You don’t want a screen that gets torn or broken easily especially if you have kids at home.
- Excellent quality internal parts including wheels and screws. It can be truly frustrating when the wheels don’t run smoothly.
- Deep screen tracks. This is particular important if you get a lot of traffic in the area where you will install your screen door.
- Excellent quality magnet closure or locking mechanism. This ensures that the door will close tightly.
- Must be made in North America. This gives you assurance that the materials and craftmanship is excellent.
- Trustworthy dealer. If something goes wrong with the screen door, then at the very least you can return it or have it replaced without any problem.
- Professional installer. They can customize your door so that it fits perfectly.
- Sufficient warranty. This should cover possible damage and malfunctioning of the parts of the screen door.
A door screen can last for many years if you buy the right one. No matter what kind of screen you pick, it has to be a high quality product so you can enjoy using it for years to come.
Aside from our short list of requirements above, you also need to consider a few other things. Choose a screen that retracts smoothly, with internal mechanisms that are of superior quality so it doesn’t break down or malfunction after just a few months of use.
As soon as you have decided, you also need to find the right installer. There are many DIY options but it’s always recommended that you get custom fitted screen doors because they come with better quality and are more likely to last. A professional installer can customize your screen for your door or window so that it fits perfectly and provide the protection you need.
That may entail talking to several retractable screen dealers within your area in order to find out which among them can provide the best door screen and installation service.
For more information please visit our website: www.bravoscreens.com
For more information please visit our website