Basics of Breast Enlargement Surgery – Facts to Be Aware Of!
Posted: Apr 14, 2016
Did you know that breast enlargement surgery is the top cosmetic procedure in western countries? According to reports, around 8,000 women undergo breast augmentation every year. Due to the number of prominent figures and celebrities admitting to getting boob jobs, breast enlargement has become a normal topic of conversation, and it is easier than ever to have this kind of procedure done in the UK. Before you shop around for breast enlargement surgeon, here are some things you need to know:
- Expect to undergo more than one procedure – A boob job is not a one-time deal. Implants have to be replaced after a few years. A lot of women are not aware of this.
- Your body size matters – Getting breast enlargement surgery is not like shopping for an accessory. You need to be realistic and go for a size that will suit your body not just for aesthetic purposes but also for health reasons. Always consult with a plastic surgeon to find out what size will be suitable for your frame.
- It’s not instant – Breast enlargement surgery does not magically make you look better in just one day. Recovery time is long and sometimes painful. The shape and size of your new breasts will adjust as the days go by, post-operation. You won’t see the final results until after a few weeks.
- The case of the ‘Boobie Blues’ is real – Just like any other type of surgery, there is an emotional and mental impact associated with breast enlargement. Having to stay at home during your recovery as well as taking pain medication can cause you to feel depressed. Some patients also regret their boob jobs, thinking they made a mistake. This is all normal, especially because your breasts won’t look good for the first week or two. Just wait it out and you will feel better.
- It’s tough – Breast enlargement surgery is a major surgical procedure and will require a long recovery period. Your breasts are susceptible to bruising and swelling. You will have to skip the gym and take several days off work, chores, and other activities.
- Results vary – Don’t expect your chest to look exactly like a model’s. Talking to a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon will help you set more realistic expectations and avoid disappointment.
Elite Surgical is a leading healthcare provider of both cosmetic surgical and non-surgical treatments with clinics in London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Milton Keynes, Liverpool and Yorkshire.