Everything you need to know about Reviewing or Retaking your PTE exam
Posted: May 14, 2016
Unlike IELTS, which is a paper based exam, the PTE Academic is a fully computerized testing system. All four sections – reading, writing, listening and speaking - are managed and marked by a machine. It is, therefore, very unlikely to see an overturn in grades. However, certain sections such as those that contain spoken responses and open ended written responses are reassessed for inconsistencies.
The Pros and Cons of PTE Reevaluation:
- Your rescoring fee will be fully refunded in case of any change in score.
- Your old PTE score will be considered null once the new scores are fed into the system.
- The re-evaluated score could be higher or lower.
- You must apply for rescoring within 14 calendar days of receiving your initial score.
- You can only ask for a rescore of your most recent PTE Academic India exam.
- You cannot ask for a rescore after reapplying for a test or sending scores to a University.
- Reevaluation will cost you almost as much as booking for another test, i.e. approximately 8,500 INR (125 USD). If you spend another 1300 INR you can redo the test and give yourself a better chance of obtaining the required score. However, this is only possible if you buy a PTE voucher from an AECC Global office to book your test. Don’t miss this chance to book your test of English for only 9,810 INR. Otherwise you will have to shell out 10,990 INR to retake this test.
- This is still cheaper than IELTS, which will cost you 11,100 INR, at least.
Having been enabled by the above information, it is only obvious to assume that any shrewd student will choose to redo the test of English. Reevaluation is like a lottery… a very expensive lottery!
You can retake PTE as many times as you wish. But, you shouldn’t look upon this as a benefit but a chance to increase your proficiency scores. And it won’t be possible without sincere studies and guidance from experts. If you have failed in the first attempt of PTE academic test, it is essential to seek help and do coaching from reputed institutes. Prior preparation and practices for the test in a PTE coaching institute would be useful for getting a dignified score. Remember, you will not be allowed to book another test until you receive scores from the previous one. You can send scores to 7 universities per order and get admission in your desired course. Institutions cannot view your scores unless you place an order and send your scores to them. Like any PTE test of English, your scores are valid for a restricted period of two years, after which it will be taken off the system.
You are now endowed with enough information to know the repercussions of not doing well on your first attempt. Study hard, practice continually and make sure to pass your test of English with flying colours. Do not forget to buy your PTE voucher before taking the test to avail a substantial discount.
Catherine Walsh is a content writer at Splashsys Webtech. She loves writing about information technology, fiction, and search engine marketing information. In the free time, she loves exploring the internet to dig out interesting facts and ideas.