7 Essential Things to Look for When Choosing a Naturopathic treatment
Posted: May 23, 2016
Naturopathy believes in the healing power of nature. It firmly stands by the adage that there are healing powers and energy within every human body, including the immune system which is responsible for our wellness and our ability to heal naturally and maintain good health. Whenever we go against nature, we fall ill. The cause of diseases that is the toxins accumulate in the body. They must be eradicated to help cure the mind, body and the spirit. One of the most natural and safest methods of healing and recovery is fasting followed by complete rest. This leads to an ideal condition in which an ailing body is able to heal itself. The underlying cause is then identified and treated accordingly.
A Naturopath is a health practitioner whose practices which go beyond just fasting, nutrition, water, and exercise. They practice approved natural healing processes such as Homeopathy, Acupuncture, and Herbal Medicine. Sometimes they use modern methods like Bio-Resonance, Ozone-Therapy, and Colon Hydrotherapy. Nowadays, environmental pollution, poor diet, and stress are the major reasons behind ill-health and a weak immune system. In such a scenario, a Naturopath’s ability to apply natural methods of healing gains precedence.
The 7 essential things to be considered while choosing a naturopathic treatment are listed here.
- Qualification: When choosing a naturopath, verify their training and qualifications. They must have a university health science degree or a similar university degree in addition to their naturopathic college qualifications.
- Clinical experience: The Naturopath must have proper clinical experience that is critical for an effective practitioner. It often takes several years of clinical experience for a naturopath to develop the necessary expertise to identify the underlying causes of people’s health problems. They can then prescribe the best treatments.
- Specialisation: One must figure out if the Naturopath specialises in a few areas or have a general knowledge of naturopathy. Naturopaths who deal with all types of medical conditions may not have the required knowledge to treat specific conditions very well. It would be in your interest to find a Naturopath who specialises in a particular health condition and is skilled in the area that you need help with.
- Current with the latest research: It is important for a practitioner to stay abreast of the latest developments in their area of specialization and research. Science is a dynamic field and it is critical that Naturopaths stay up-to-date. This results in the best possible treatments for their patients. A practitioner may be well-qualified and have years of clinical experience but if they do not keep up with the relevant health industry journals and attend seminars and workshops regularly.
- Healthy lifestyle: The Naturopath must be passionate about living a healthy life themselves and practice what they preach. A good naturopath must seek excellent health themselves and passionately follow the philosophy of naturopathic health.
- Familiarity with Clinical Pathology Testing: The Naturopath must have a sound knowledge of pathology and tests available from various labs. They need to be able to identify and interpret these tests too. These skills are essential to resolve a patient’s health problems. The Naturopath must also be aware of the most effective treatments, based on the test results provided.
- Work ethics: A genuine naturopathic health care does care for sales or profits. Solutions for health problems and avoiding sickness comes from a Naturopathic Physician or a
Dr. Gurnam Singh Saini is an efficient, well experienced and fully qualified Ayurvedic Doctor with several success stories. His "PURE HERBAL AYURVED CLINIC” is situated in Northcote, one of the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.