Explore the Dazzling Underwater Treasures with Fabulous Diving in Phuket
Posted: Jul 02, 2016
As one of the most interesting attractions in Thailand, Phuket boasts of world-class dive sites. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, there’s a spot in Phuket ideal for you. Some of the amazing treasures you will find in Phuket include a diverse marine life and even a submerged ship. The best way to explore the area is to go on diving adventures—and you can either go for a liveaboard diving or on a daytrip diving tours. With dozens of diving centers in Phuket, you are sure to find the best tour for you, whether you are traveling with a group of friends, looking for a budget friendly option, or are going on a honeymoon. Here’s a quick overview of some of the most amazing dive sites in Phuket and the treasures you can expect to find in each:
- Phi Phi Island – Named one of the world’s most beautiful islands, Phi Phi Island’s underwater attractions are even more amazing. This limestone island has soft and hard corals and is home to octopi and leopard sharks. It is an ideal dive site for all levels, even beginners.
- Koh Tachai – With moderate to strong currents, dive sites are better left for advanced drivers. Divers can spot whale sharks and manta rays at Koh Tachai.
- Anemone Reef – An underwater limestone pinnacle with gardens of soft and hard corals, Anemone Reef is home to lionfish, clownfish, and tropical. This dive site is suitable for all levels of divers.
- Racha Islands – Comprised of Koh Racha Yai and Koh Racha Noi, these islands have hard coral reefs that are home to an abundance of marine life like moray eels, cuttle fish, and octopus. If you aren’t a fan of diving, the shallow bays of Racha Islands are ideal for snorkeling.
- King Cruiser Wreck – In 1997, King Cruiser hit Anemone Reef and sank. Thanks to its perfect depth of 12 to 30 meters and its proximity to Anemone Reef, the King Cruiser Wreck is now a dive site. Anemone Reef houses crabs and fish and will soon be fully encrusted with colorful corals.
- Richelieu Rock – For those looking to encounter a mighty whale shark, Richelieu Rock is one of the best dive sites in the world. Richelieu Rock has moderate to strong currents ideal for advanced divers. You will also spot manta rays and other pelagic fish in the area.
- The Similan Islands – Composed of nine granite islands, this dive site, is home to bat fish, leopard sharks, rays, and jacks.
This article is written by Christopher Pace, the Platinum Padi Course Director at All4Diving. All4Diving is a leading academy in diving industry in Thailand.