IPhone 7 – expected release in week of 12th September
Posted: Aug 23, 2016
A smart phone is a specialized mobile telecommunication device. Modern day smart phones have onboard software which runs on top of a mobile operating system. Apart from doubling up as traditional mobile phones (for making voice calls & sending SMS), a smart phone also takes up the role of a media player, digital camera and navigational device.
Some of the more prominent features of a modern day smart phone are listed below:
- Capability to browse the internet over high speed communication protocols like 4G LTE broadband and Wi-Fi.
- Ability to download and share files which can be encrypted.
- Ability to play music and take both still images/videos through the onboard camera.
- Support for playing mobile games (either online or offline).
- Support for the installation and usage of mobile applications all aimed at improving user productivity.
In terms of a design build, current generation smart phones have a capacitive touch screen as the primary user interface. Most models have a fully functional QWERTY keyboard to allow for user input.
In terms of the mobile operating system, the 2 market leaders in this segment remain Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android.
Apple Inc. is a market leader when it comes to the smart phone vertical. The firm is involved from end to end when it comes to the lifecycle of a smart phone i.e. right from the design stage through to product manufacturing and customer sales. The firm was co-founded by Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne and Stephen Wozniak in the spring of 1976.
Apple Inc. has a global market for its smart phone offering covering the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Pacific regions. The global headquarters for Apple Inc. is located at 1 Infinite Loop in Cupertino, California (U.S.A.).
Apple Inc. designated the brand name iPhone to denote the lineup of smart phones sold by the firm. The iPhone runs on the mobile operating system iOS (which is developed and maintained by Apple Inc.’s in-house software development team).
The 1st iteration of the iPhone dates back to June 2007 while the latest model, the iPhone 7 is slated for a September 2016 release. The iPhone 7 release date is rumored to be in the 1st week of September 2016.
Unofficial channel partners suggest that Apple Inc. will release 2 model variants of the iPhone 7. In terms of major design changes, the iPhone 7 is expected to sport a leaner chassis with less prominent antenna bands. Processing power is also expected to be augmented along with a better camera setup and the potential removal of the ubiquitous 3.5mm audio jack.
Some of the rumored features for the next generation iPhone 7 are listed below:
- A thinner design build as compared to the previous model year offering.
- Processing power derived from a faster A10 SoC chipset.
- Better Digital Camera setup through a dual camera.
- Base model having the 32GB onboard storage capacity.
- iPhone 7 price is expected to be USD$ 649 for unlocked models.
- A redesigned home button supporting enhanced haptic feedback functionality.
- Availability of a Smart Connector for premium models.
- 3 GB of RAM for certain models.
Pre-order bookings for the iPhone 7 will start from the official release date and order fulfillment is expected to kick off from the last week of September 2016.
Interested buyers can key in either iPhone 7 Flipkart, iPhone 7 Amazon or iPhone 7 Snapdeal on any generic search engine and then navigate to the relevant e-commerce platforms custom Apple iPhone 7 page for placing confirmed orders.
Customers can also go the country specific Apple Store website to browse the Apple iPhone 7 and then buy the same online.
Aisha Gupta is renowned Business analyst managing several brands to get quality results. Currently she is managing onsite tasks on Ohmyrupee.