5 Smart Ways to Maximize Your Personal Injury Settlement Claim
Posted: Aug 29, 2016
When one talks of personal injury, it can be any form of accident, right from trip and fall cases to medical negligence, auto accidents and nursing home abuse. Every category of case is different, although if you go by numbers, auto accidents are the most common in Philadelphia. Now, if you ever become a victim to such an unfortunate accident, there are a few things that you can do to maximize the claim and settlement. Here are the five things that matter the most.
1. The very first thing after an accident is to get medical attention. If you think you are capable enough, take all the essential pictures of the vehicles and check for witnesses. It might be chaotic to check for witnesses at the moment or take statements, but try and recall as many details as you want. Keep in mind that even small details can go a long way in proving the case, so make sure that you have all the essential facts in place.
2. Once you are done with the basics, try and contact a good and known Philadelphia personal injury attorney for the task. In most cases, victims lose their claims because they don’t try to find out more details about their case or end up looking for ways to save legal costs. Your attorney knows it all and he is the best person to discuss all aspects of the case. Experience goes a long way in maximizing settlement, and therefore, you should look for law firms that have a good reputation.
- Paperwork is more than essential to start the case, and you should talk to your lawyer about it. Typically, all parties do have some level of communication after the accident, and it is essential to be in sync with what you say and report. Keep in mind that there will many papers to sign, so it is wise to have a lawyer who can handle all kinds of complications. You should be able to understand the papers, and if you are taking witness statements, always take the same as early as possible.
- Insurance companies are supposed to help people after a case, but in many cases, insurance adjusters take the recorded statements of the victim, which should be avoided. Always wait for your attorney to come, because the insurance provider is always interested in reducing the compensation and paying a smaller amount. As sad as it may sound, it isn’t easy to deal with insurance adjusters.
- Finally, don’t miss on recording things. If you have the energy, take the pictures of the car damage, accident scene images and all other things. In case you have been out of work, you can ask your employer for records of the same. The idea is to show that you have suffered considerable physical, mental and emotional damage, so that the claim can be increased. As needed, you will need to say things in a certain way as the lawyer may ask.
Get started now!
822 Montgomery Avenue
Narberth, PA 19072
Ph: (215) 563-7088 / (610) 642-7676
Get in Touch with Us:
Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website on organic ("natural" or un-paid) search engine result pages (SERPs).