Everything You Want To Know About Aadhaar Card Application
Posted: Oct 17, 2016
Aadhaar Card also known as UIDAI Card is a central government initiative aimed to provide every Indian with unique 12 digit identification number. Aadhaar Card comes free of cost and can be done anytime you want. If you have not applied for Aadhaar Card yet, then do it immediately without any late. We are going to ease your task with the following information.
Aadhaar Card application can be done online or offline. Both of these processes are simple and effective.
Offline Aadhaar Card Application
- You have to go to your nearest Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centre with required documents that confirm your date of birth, age, address and identity. Always keep photocopies of your documents with you.
- At enrolment centre, you have to fill up an aadhaar application form with your details. After submitting the application form, a designated person will take your photo and scan your finger-prints and iris.
- Double check your details on aadhaar system before final submission as any wrong information can hamper aadhaar card processing and take longer time.
- After final submission, you will be provided with an acknowledgement slip having Enrolment Number. With this number, you can check Aadhaar Card status online.
- It takes 60-90 days to get your Aadhaar Card ready which will be then delivered to you by post.
Online Aadhaar Card Application
Online Aadhaar Card application is comparatively easier and hassle-free. It involves the following steps.
- Go to UIDAI official website uidai.gov.in and click the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/. Here you can fix an appointment with your nearest enrolment centre.
- You have to fill up the appointment form online providing your name, locality, address, mobile number, e-mail ID along with date and time for the appointment. Then submit the information by pressing the "Fix Appointment" button.
- On that specified date, you need to visit the enrolment centre along with your address and identity proof.
- At enrolment centre, an aadhaar application form will be given to you that you have to fill up properly. You can download the form directly from web and can fill up at home before visiting the enrolment centre.
- Then you will be guided to a room with a designated person who will take your photo and scan your finger-prints and iris with help of a special scanning machine.
- Always check the details on the aadhaar system to avoid any spelling mistake and wrong information before final submission.
- On completion of aadhaar application, you will be handed over an acknowledgment slip bearing Enrolment Number. You can check your Aadhaar Card status online with this number.
- When the status shows "Dispatched", you can Print Aadhaar Card online which is called E-Aadhaar. E-Aadhaar is of same status like the Aadhaar Card and it is accepted at all the places where aadhaar card is accepted.
- Aadhaar Card arrives at your place by post within 60-90 days from the date of aadhaar application.
This article is about Aadhaar Card status and Print Aadhaar Card for More information please visit our website: http://www.aadhaarcardonline.in/