A Guide to Increase Scores in PTE Exam
Posted: Oct 31, 2016
Non-speakers need to produce an English language ability while applying visas for study, immigration and work in native countries. English is the medium of instruction and de facto official language in native speaking countries. Non-speakers often face problems in communication and studying in foreign countries due to the language barrier. Several agencies are conducting English tests and offer certification to non-speakers globally. The scores received in the test is a proof of their ability in the language which enables them to get visas.
Pearson Test of English
Pearson Test of English is relatively a new test conducted by Pearson PLC Group globally. It is a computer-based test conducted online in over 150 authorized centers globally. The PTE test offers a fair, reliable, and secure scores to takers. Speaking, writing, reading and listening sections offer a complete assessment of taker’s ability in English language. The presence of a transparent scoring system enables taker to get a reliable grade in the test every time. Hence, PTE scores are accepted in over 6000 organizations globally which include universities, colleges, governments, immigration agencies, and employers. US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada are the main countries that accept the PTE test scores.
Preparation Tips for PTE Exam Takers
The English proficiency test needs to be taken prior a good preparation. There are 20 different question formats which contain several items in each section. A good overall score can be achieved by performing well in all sections and items. The overall score is the sum of communicative skills and enabling skills of takers in the English language. Prepare for PTE exam India in accordance to syllabus and guidelines given by language experts. There is no substitute for hard work during preparation for the exam.
Let us look how to increase the overall score in the PTE test:
- Improve your grammar: In writing section, grammar is an important factor on which grade is given by the intelligent marking system. Avoid using unnecessary capitalization, full stop, comma, etc.
- Improve oral fluency: Speak continuously and avoid silence of 3 seconds as it stops microphone on the computer. Speak in a calm and clear voice to be understandable by the computer.
- Focus on vocabulary: Using of good vocabulary enables takers to get a higher score in writing section.
- Maintain word limit in answers: Avoid writing the answers above or below the world limit. No marks are given for not following the word limits mentioned in the questions. Follow instructions given in the test carefully to avoid deduction of marks.
- Prepare as per the syllabus: Prepare for the exam following the syllabus, sections, and items. It helps takers to increase scores in the test immediately.
- Buy genuine study materials: Buy genuine study material to practice rigorously. Practice on expired versions of the test to get the idea and improve weaker sections.
- Take coaching: Guidance and expert advice are needed to get the desired score in the test. Take coaching from a language expert to improve scores with rigorous practices.
How to Book PTE Test?
The standard price of booking PTE Academic test for India is $330. Takers need to spend 25% extra on a late booking.
Many takers need to take the exam repeatedly until the desired score is achieved needed in the visa application. Buy PTE voucher to use in booking the test and get 10% discount on the original price. Contact us today to buy a voucher and book the test immediately.
Catherine Walsh is a content writer at Splashsys Webtech. She loves writing about information technology, fiction, and search engine marketing information. In the free time, she loves exploring the internet to dig out interesting facts and ideas.