The New ‘In’ Thing In Gifting
Posted: Nov 11, 2016
Corporate gifting has been the target of many jokes over the years mainly because of these reasons
- Monotony – Gifting the same set of stationeries year after year speaks of a dispassionate routine that has been followed without any purpose or interest
- Usability – Most corporate gifts focus on cost cutting and issue standard gifts that are purchased in bulk and are gently discarded without the employees finding any use for them
- Quality – The main reason why corporate gifts are not very welcomed are the quality. Having been purchased in bulk, with the aim of cost cutting, corporate gifts are usually not of the best quality, often coming straight from the manufacturer as defective pieces and shaming not only the manufacturer themselves but also the purchaser
- Value for money – Many corporate gifts have lost the value for money quotient because the standard printed calendars, pens and monthly planners have long since lost their appeal
- Employee satisfaction – The main purpose of gifting is to praise the employees and give them a usable thing. But gifting these run of the mill items takes away the joy of receiving the gift.
How should a good gift be?
Seemingly unique – The main sign of a good gift is it must seem unique and different from the usual things being given as gifts.
Personalised – Be it a simple branding or a small message included in the gift, personalisation takes things a long way. The importance of personalisation cannot be emphasized enough and it can make the receiver take a completely different outlook towards the gift
Not as advertorials – Most companies had taken to corporate gifting and used the gifts as mediums for advertising and this is one of the reasons why the gifts are not widely used. Though promotional branding and branded promotional gifts are the norm of the day, ostentatious display of the brand name is not advisable until the recognition and face value of the brand exceeds any other type of advertising that can be done.
Useful – Gifts are meant to be used. While keepsakes have grown in popularity in recent times, branded promotional products and custom promotional products like branded tote bags, personalised tote bags, custom can koozies, personalised koozies, personalised drinking glasses are all still high on value because of the usability factor. Tote bags also serve an additional purpose and can be used in everyday life. Custom zippered bags also speak of good gifting taste.
Balance between price and value – While choosing cheap promotional pens and discount mugs is still a choice, the right balance must be struck between the product being affordable for bulk purchase and still attractive and practical enough to be used.
Carry branding unobtrusively – gifting carries a special purpose – they may be used as carriers for promotional branding. The branding and label must be placed in such a way that the user does not feel it as a brand but is still proud to carry it around as a memorable gift.
Finding stores where all sorts of gifts can be purchased in bulk and include branding is difficult. But not any longer with Quick Ship Promotions.
About The Author
Jimmy Davis is a marketing expert who also likes to write various articles and blogs, helping small business houses in generating maximum impact from their marketing strategies. He recommends Quickshippromotions.com as the best name to trust if you are looking for promotional items like coffee cups, travel mugs, stadium cups, can holders, and many more.
Jimmy Davis is a marketing expert who also likes to write various articles and blogs, helping small business houses in generating maximum impact from their marketing strategies.