Why You Would Like A Smoothened And Polished Stone Surface
Posted: Nov 29, 2016
Stone polishing is a great way to enhance the looks of the stone surface, and also reduce dangers of abrasion on other items and human body skin, due to friction with the rough surface. Due to aesthetics, and also for the safety associated with a decent smooth surface, the process has been so much into practice. In fact no builder would ever hand over property to you just like that when the stone floor is not yet polished. While taking possession of a property, you would also make sure that you get the floor or the stone walls in a polished condition. And it’s not only about the floors or walls rather, but about any stone surface in any type of stone, which would ask some resurfacing and smoothening.
The things you consider while stone resurfacing and polishing
You would definitely not be able to resurface a sand stone surface in the same way you smoothen a granite surface, or a marble stone surface. But that is quite understandable and anticipated.
Whether you are a builder trying to smoothen the stone walls and floors, or you are an owner of some property which has roughened and weathered stone surfaces which needs re-polishing, you would have to look for a stone polishing agent or machine.
There are a lot of products in the market, which would give you great finish in stone polishing, but they are not all specialized to render the finish to all natural stones. By natural stones you would refer to surfaces made of granite, marble, terrazzo or agglomerate. All such surfaces are deemed to be of natural stone, and not a mixture of other substances. Thus for such stone surfaces, you must get a natural stone polish.
There are stone polishing powders, pads, machines and liquids, and you would need a combination of a polishing agent that contains the polishing powder or chemicals and the machine to put on the pressure over the stone with that mixture or slurry of the polishing agent. That is how the job is done, and you get the factory like finish on your stone surfaces.
Advantages of getting a natural stone polish
The advantages of getting stone polish are as follows:
- You would get stone surfaces to be shining with a mirror like reflection coming from them, and this undoubtedly increases the aesthetics of the surface, as well as the property which contains the stone.
- It feels good to walk bare feet on a stone surface which is polished. You are not walking on some ragged and rough surface and the smoothness is comforting. In fact your family and sit and walk, babies can crawl and it’s altogether safe for members using the place.
- Dust of the stone won’t come off from a polished surface. The polished surface gets actually sealed in such a way, that the stone material can breathe through the layers, and yet, no rough edge or surface is raised up that may break off with friction and wear and tear to give loose stone dust.
- While dragging things, or rolling balls in a home, you won’t face the resistance due to a rough surface.
- Most importantly, when you or a member accidently falls on the surface you won’t get a scratch here or there for the rough surface when the stone is polished. Just imagine the number of scratches and cuts you may get when you fall on unpolished granite!
These are the main reasons that you must get a good natural stone polish to smoothen the stone surfaces which you would be using. Xtreme Polishing Systems has formulated a polishing compound, stone protector, and polishing powder designed and produced for you to easily maintain the elegant stone surfaces in your residential or commercial space.
Xtreme Polishing Systems is a concrete construction products manufacturer, Surface Prep, Concrete Grinding, Polishing Diamonds, Grinders, Tooling Supplies, Buy Sprayable Sealer, Online Ginormous Genie, serving architects, engineers, and contractors.