How to upgrade your hotmail email address to outlook
As of late we let you know that Microsoft has introduced another email service called "Outlook.com" which accompanies many interesting elements and a perfect Windows 8 style Metro UI:
Microsoft Presents Outlook, New Mail Service with Metro UI
On the off chance that you don't have a Hotmail account, you can make another account at Outlook yet in the event that you as of now have an email account at Hotmail including @hotmail.com, @live.com, and so forth, you can update your current Hotmail email account to new Outlook account with no need of making new account at Outlook.com.
Redesigning from Hotmail account to Outlook account includes two major things:
- First thing is Upgrading the web interface as it were
- Second thing is Renaming your Hotmail account to @outlook account
In the event that you just need to upgrade the interface of mail account when you sign-in using a web program, you can essentially do that by going to official site of outlook and sign-in using your Hotmail account accreditation. It will automatically upgrade your Hotmail email account interface to new outlook interface.
Be that as it may, if you likewise need to change over or rename your current Hotmail account into outlook account, you can do it utilizing any of following strategies:
1. Adding an Alias to your current account
2. Renaming your Hotmail email account
1. Adding an Alias to your current account
Microsoft permits you to make up to a most extreme of 15 aliases to your Hotmail email account. You can make up to 5 assumed names or alias for each year. Aliases are a decent approach to utilize distinctive email addresses for various purposes however your Inbox will be constantly same. You can send and get messages from the greater part of your aliases with no issue.
To include an alias you simply need to take after these steps:
- Sign into email account utilizing outlook.com URL. After sign-in, select Choices -> More mail settings alternative.
- Tap on "Make an Outlook alias" alternative given under "Dealing with your account" segment.
- Now you can make an outlook.com alias to your Hotmail account. Simply enter your craved email name in "Email address" and then tap on "Make an alias" option.
- It'll request an affirmation whether you need to obtain the new email messages in another folder or a current organizer which is your Inbox. Pick the desired option and tap on "Done".
- Your Hotmail account will be moved up to Outlook.com account instantly.
- Please remember that you can't login to your mail account utilizing the alias. You'll have to keep on using your essential account name to log in.
2. Renaming your Hotmail Email Account
Another approach to upgrade from Hotmail email account to Outlook account is to rename existing mail account. When you rename your Hotmail email account, your old account turns into an alias, so regardless you'll get email sent to the old email account. Kindly remember that you can rename your account twice at regular intervals.
You can utilize following steps to rename your Hotmail email account into Outlook account:
- First sign into your account utilizing official URL of outlook. After sign-in, select Choices -> More email settings choice.
- Tap on "Rename your email id" alternative given under "Dealing with your email account" segment.
- Again like making alias, enter your craved email name in "New Microsoft account" field and tap on "Save".
- That’s it. You Hotmail email account will be renamed to Outlook account.
It would be ideal if you take note of that once you rename your email account, it'll change your essential account name and you'll have to login utilizing your new account name on every one of your gadgets, for example, your PC, cell phone, Xbox, and so on.
Windows phone clients ought to note that you'll have to reset your phone to production line settings and afterward set it go down with new record name. Additionally when you reset your mobile phone, you'll lose all your own information including your applications. So try to take a backup of your information before resetting your Windows Phone to manufacturing or factory settings.
If you rename MSN account, then user can't rename it back. On the off chance that you made your account in one nation and are renaming it in an alternate nation, you won't have the capacity to rename it back to your original account unless you head out back to your unique nation.
The above info has been furnished with the help of hotmail customer service number UK and the technical expert team of Hotmail is always ready to help you via toll-free and the technical expert team of Hotmail is always ready to help you via toll-free hotmail helpline phone number.
If you face any issues with your Hotmail account and want to resolve them, so call us today, our Hotmail Support Number UK 0800-098-8424 and get instant solution.