How Plan your trip to Ooty with your loved ones!
Posted: Apr 25, 2017
Ooty, a hill station located in the state of Tamil Nadu is famous as a tour destination amongst the travellers and for those who love to explore new places. Also, known as Queen of Hills, Ooty is famous for good many reasons. Once a summer capital of the British in South India, the soothing climate and the misty haze that surround Ooty for almost round the year, do contribute largely behind Ooty’s reputation.
Many prefer Ooty trip packages from Coimbatore as Coimbatore also provides many amazing places where you will find serenity and tranquillity. If you are up to explore Ooty with your near and dear ones, then don’t forget to check out these amazing places of Ooty. Keep reading.
- Botanical Gardens: Located at the slope of Doddabetta hills, this awesome place happens to be one of the central attractions of Ooty. The rich variety of flora and fauna along with the cool breezes which will accompany you all the way at here, is something much soothing as well as calming. Don’t forget to take long walks around this park. Check out various types of trees, flowers and other marvels at this park.
- Doddabetta Peak: Ooty is famous for the breath-taking views of the Nilgiri Hill range. Doddabetta Peak is the highest in this hill range. It is also the highest peak of South India. Don’t forget to take binoculars with you when you reach this peak because otherwise you will miss some panoramic views of the surrounding. This happens to be one of the most serene and tranquil place of Ooty. Trekkers often come to this place as the way is stiff and is good for trekking.
- Avalance Lake: Located almost 28km away from Ooty, deep in the Nilgiri, this beautiful lake is something which can make your Ooty trip successful. The surrounding landscape of the lake is so breathtakingly beautiful that you will feel like coming back to this place time and again. And once you are here, you can always opt for trout fishing as this facility is available for the tourists. Do check out the deep serenity of this place. It’s pretty awesome.
- Ooty Lake: A trip to Ooty cannot be complete without a visit to Ooty Lake. This famous lake covers more than 65acres of area and offers some fantastic view of the greenery along with the crystal-clear water body. There is a boathouse near the lake which offers you boat ride in the lake. Don’t forget to check the dense forest that surround this lake. You will surely be amazed, believe us!
- Pykara River: This river is considered as sacred amongst the Toda people of Ooty. The famous Pykara Falls is another example of nature’s wonders which can be seen in Ooty. Do not miss a chance to visit this beautiful water body streaming from various cascades and waterfalls.
Ooty tourism packages from Coimbatore is available for you to check online. Have a great trip ahead in Ooty. All the best!
Taimoor is one of the best innovative writer since last 15 years. He has written a lot quality articles on technology, health and automotive industry.