Uber Clean House | Melbourne's Home Cleaning Service
Posted: May 04, 2017
Most kitchens and bathrooms have tile floors because they are economical, durable, and easy to maintain. Regular cleaning makes floor tiles look fresh for a longer period of time but you also have to know when to give these tiles a deep clean or a spot treatment. Here are some pointers on how to clean tile floors and keep them beautiful.
1. Know your tiles. There are different types of tile used for flooring. Glazed ceramic tiles are the most common ones and the easiest to maintain. Unglazed ceramic tiles are prone to stains or damage from liquids while marble tiles are sensitive to scratches and abrasive cleansers. Matching your tiles with the right tools and cleansers helps prevent damage from harmful chemicals or harsh tools.
2. Sweep or vacuum floors daily. Removing dust and dirt from your floors on a daily basis will prevent dirt build-up that can be difficult to remove in the long run. Use a broom or vacuum cleaner to remove dirt then follow up with a dry mop for a buff finish.
3. Wash tiles with water and detergent or a natural cleaning solution at least once a week. Avoid using sponge or string mops because they tend to push dirt into the grout instead of lifting it. You may choose a chamois or microfiber mop instead.
4. Dry tile floors immediately after washing. This will lessen the risk of dirt or dust getting stuck on wet surface. An old cotton towel or rag can help you do the job efficiently.
5. Don’t forget to clean the grout. Dirt and stain is easily absorbed in the grout which is why you have to brush them away before they get stubborn. Apply baking soda and water solution on your grout and leave it for a few minutes before scrubbing it with an old toothbrush. You may also protect the grout from stains and dirt with the use of a silicon based grout sealer.
If you use these five simple tips in your house cleaning routine your tile floors will stay clean and look fresh for longer.