Guide to Get Perfect Cushions and Cushion Covers for Your Living Room
Posted: Aug 03, 2017
What is the easiest and cheapest way to give a new look to your old furniture? The answer is fluffy, cozy cushions. If chosen correctly, cushions can pull together all the elements of a room and bring harmony to a once busy or mismatched room.
Changing your cushions or cushion covers every 3 or 6 months can completely transform the look and feel of your room for little expense. Buy funky or cool cushion covers online India and revamp your home.
Here are 5 ways cushions add fun and comfort to any space.
- The filling- there are two kids of cushion filling, synthetic and natural. Synthetic filling is made of materials like foam or synthetic wadding. This filling tends to be firm and helps the cushion hold its shape. They are also comparatively cheaper. Natural fillings is made of materials such as feather, they make cushions much plusher, more squishy cushion that can have its shape plumped up.
- Before choosing the cushions for you living room, taken in all the colours already in the room, colour of sofa, curtain, furniture, art works etc. Zero in on 2-3 colours already in the room, either in curtain or lampshade or any other furniture or fixture. It should also compliment each other. Don’t use a cushion that exactly matched with your sofa as they will blend straight in to the couch and look like a lumpy bit of furniture.
- People often have a question what is the right number of cushion? There is no correct answer for that. Even number of cushions give a more traditional style and odd number of cushions give a modern or eclectic look. The actual number of cushion would depend on the size of the sofa. Five cushions on a three-seater sofa and four on a two-seater sofa is a good thumb rule.
- A chop on top the cushion can help break the uniform shape, particularly in cade of monotone cushion. This also makes the sofa seem more lived in.
- Combine cushions of different sizes and shapes such as oval or oblong to create a more homely and welcoming look. Same size cushion are better suited if one wishes to go for a more formal look. Contrast is key – texture, shape, size and pattern. Combining heavy textures with lighter ones across your cushions will keep your home looking cosy yet modern.Let velvet, silk, fur all play it out. Try different combinations to determine what works best for you.
Cushions are delightful, they are soft, cute and practical. They add warmth and comfort to any place.
Neha Chaudhari is Social Activist from India. She loves to spend earned money on helping needy people and enjoying her life in her own ways.