Win Time Battle and Pass PTE - 7 Great Tips
Posted: Sep 10, 2017
PTE Academic is, undoubtedly, one of the prominent English proficiency tests conducted for the aspirants who seek to acquire immigration and student visas to take admission into foreign universities. You need to have the right strategy to pass the test with flying colors. It is very important to manage the time during the examination.
Here, we are giving you 7 useful tips for time management in PTE Academic:-
- Arrive at the test center 30 minutes before the start of the examination. This will ensure that you complete the other processes before the beginning of the examination, and be completely relaxed.
- In the Writing section, you should maintain the word limits of Summarize written text and Write Essay in the allotted time. The Summarize written text has to be answered in a single sentence of 5-75 words in 10 minutes. The Essay writing should be within 200-300 words and has to be completed in 20 minutes.
- For the Reading section, you should try to complete all the tasks within 32 minutes. So, devote time on each task accordingly so that the section is completed within the stipulated time. For one-answer MCQ, allot 2 minutes for each question. For multi-answer MCQ, spend 2.5 minutes for each question. For reorder paragraph, try to complete in 4 minutes. For the fill in the blanks of both categories, spend 1.5 minutes for each question.
- The Listening section has the highest number of tasks, and thus, you have to carefully distribute your time to be spent on each task. Follow the 3-5-2 minute technique for managing your time. According to this technique, spend 3 minutes for planning, 5 minutes for writing, and 2 minutes for checking for any spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- While giving the Listening test, decide on which task you need to use the erasable notepad. Taking notes while listening to the text will help to understand better, and will save you a lot of time. But, if you have to be sure that you have enough time to transfer the answers on to the main screen. Else, you should opt for giving answers directly without taking any notes.
- In the Speaking section, there is not much to worry about the time management. It is so because the time slot is taken care of by the computer itself. The computer will instruct you how much time you will be allotted for each task in this section.
- While giving the Speaking tests, you should not try to speak fast or skip the content, just for the sake of saving the time. Try to speak at a normal pace, and also include essential contents. If you make any mistake while speaking, just ignore it and keep going with the flow.
Bhavesh is marketing manager at Compass Overseas. He enjoys writing about education, tourism, science and technology.