5 Top Features of a Great Preschool for Your Kids
Posted: Sep 12, 2017
Preschool is one of the most important phases in a child’s life. Research has shown that children gain a lot while going to preschool since they learn numbers, letters, colors, and shapes in addition to other things. They get to play with other children in different types of activities and games. They also learn to socialize and get along with other children. A preschool plays a vital role in shaping their personality.
Going to a good preschool can contribute towards the healthy growth of your kid. The children who attend a good preschool enter kindergarten with developed personalities, richer vocabularies, and stronger skills that further help them in becoming good students. This is why you need to find the best match for you out of all Northridge preschools. Here are the top 5 features of a great preschool for your kids:
- Good Reputation: Good preschools in Northridge should have a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. They have a good reputation and are known for their nurturing environment and stimulating curriculum. Ask the school for the names and numbers of current parents you could call for a reference, or stop by during afternoon pickup time and approach other parents. You can go to online forums to check what others are saying about the preschool you want to enroll your child in.
- Stimulating Curriculum: Visit various preschools near you and observe the environment before choosing one for your kid. Ensure a secure, positive, and intellectually stimulating environment as it will help in nurturing the personality of your kid by allowing individual development. Moreover, you must be assured that the preschool you chose promotes health through diverse physical activity and balanced meals. You can also see if there is a reputed Northridge child care center close to the preschool you want to enroll your child in.
- Trained and Caring Staff: You must look for a preschool for your kid that has trained and caring staff. You should emphasize on finding a preschool that has a positive approach to teaching children new skills and proactive strategies for behavior management such as classroom rules, routines, and social-emotional lessons or curriculum. This will ultimately help your child to grow up as a more positive person.
- Hygienic Environment: A good preschool in Northridge, CA should be clean and hygienic. You must also check that food preparation areas are far away from the bathrooms, trash cans are not overflowing, and the building is well-lit and ventilated. Also, make sure that the preschool you choose follows the basic rules of safety too. Strangers should not be able to just walk in from the street and children should not be allowed to wander without supervision.
- Current License: Ask to see a preschool's license and credentials, and then call your local social services department to double check that it is current. To be licensed, preschools must meet state licensing regulations for health and safety. And because they are usually classified as daycares rather than educational institutions, preschools have to meet the same licensing requirements as other childcare centers.
About the Company
Petite School House is a leading preschool in Northridge, CA. The school’s staff is dedicated to providing an environment that nurtures children’s natural curiosity to explore the world around them.
Petite School House is a leading Northridge child care center that offers age-appropriate preschool for toddlers and young children.