So What exactly WooCommerce is?
Posted: Oct 13, 2017
WooCommerce is a free plugin, or functional extension for WordPress. It has been downloaded over thirteen million times and operates over 37% of all online stores. When mounted onto a WordPress website, WooCommerce enhances in basic product management, order processing, and shopping cart functionality.
WooCommerce is able to create a basic online store and trade a variety of goods and services that include physical goods, affiliate transactions, digital goods,and ongoing memberships. The core software can be able to have essential ecommerce features like sales tax management, international customers, inventory management, sales tax management, shipping cost calculations, and vouchers.
WooCommerce’s basic functionality can be augmented with over three hundred extensions which can add in additional features such as bookings, product bundles, composite products, EU VAT calculations and tracking, customer documentation, returns and warranties, as well as a number of learning management systems for selling courses.
You can find instances of two live WooCommerce stores by visiting our Hire Woocommerce developer in USA or our website of WMS. The first example sells digital downloads and the second example sells online courses.Top WooCommerce Contestants
WooCommerce has a abundant supply of competitors that can range from free, open source software to large enterprise level solutions. The most popular and closely related shopping cart packages such as:
- Magento: Non-WordPress
- Shopify: Non-WordPress
- iThemes Exchange: Free WordPress plugin
- WP e-Commerce: Free WordPress plugin
- Ecwid: Non-WordPress
You can acquire more information about additional ecommerce software package and usage figures at to Hire Woocommerce developer in USA.WooCommerce Developers
WooCommerce was placed within the Automattic household of products.
There are over 350 contributors to the WooCommerce code base. These developers are part of the Automattic team e.g. hire woocommerce developer, as well as independent programmers in the greater WordPress community.
This diverse group of WordPress developers is actually an even greater number. There are number of WordPress agencies and developers working along side the Woo team to build plugin extensions and stock website templates for storefront presentation, performs storefront installation and set up for clients, as well as offer custom code and theme tweaks.WooCommerce’s Highlights
Just like any piece of software, WooCommerce has a variety of advantages and disadvantages while working with it. These differ by individual, but they should be considered prior to selecting WooCommerce as everyone’s ecommerce solution.
- The basic WooCommerce software is open source and free.
- The plugin is fairly simple to installed into WordPress.
- There are many WordPress themes available for building out the storefront. These can come from WooThemes directly or from numbers of independent theme developers.
- There are over 300 extensions available for making the base functionality more vigorous.
- WooCommerce has over 1,200,5 star ratings and reviews on WordPress.org.
- The software is often updated for new features and functions.
- There are lots of WordPress developers available to provide assistance.
One of the great advantages to WooCommerce are the extensions. WooCommerce extensions are add-on plugins that allows website owners to augment the functionality of their online stock. There are hundreds of extensions available, which makes it easy to take a basic store and increase the functionality ten fold.
Our online stores use a variety of extensions to help increase the basic feature set and improve overall customer satisfaction. Our WooCommerce extensions include:
- AutomateWoo – Sends follow up emails with coupons for theme license renewals.
- Follow-Up Emails – Sends automated emails for customer on-boarding.
- Genesis Connect for WooCommerce – Connects WooCommerce with the Genesis theme framework.
- LearnDash WooCommerce Integration – Connects WooCommerce with the LearnDash LMS (training) plugin.
- Web Savvy WooCommerce Bridge – A custom plugin that connects WooCommerce to the Simple:Press forum.
- WooCommerce Google Analytics Combination – Connects WooCommerce to Google Analytics and allows for more advanced website reports.
- WooCommerce MailChimp Subscribe – Connects WooCommerce to Mail Chimp to automatically sign users up for our newsletter. This is permission based.
- WooCommerce Menu Extension – Adds additional menu functionality to the store area of our website.
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices – Provides a downloadable or printable invoice for customers.
- WooCommerce Stripe Gateway – Connects WooCommerce to the Stripe payment gateway. Stripe is a very easy to set up credit card processor.
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – This extension is used to set up annual theme licenses and generate frequent income.
- Yoast WooCommerce SEO – Sends schema data for products to search engines like Bing and Google.
The above extensions are only a sampling of what is available. WooCommerce extensions allow website proprietors to take a basic store and convert it into a robust, highly functional portal.WooConf
The WooCommerce community has grown so sturdy, it has a conference dedicated to the plugin.
WooConf is an event where storeowners, WordPress developers and ecommerce experts come together to collaborate about the software and it’s usage. The event is designed to allow attendees opportunities to increase their knowledge, master sales techniques, listen to woocommerce experts,hire woocommerce developer, and network with other WooCommerce users.
While WooConf is a live event, the organizers do record presentations and live stream them for those unable to attend.Is WooCommerce Perfect for Your Online Store?
No ecommerce software will be perfect for every handler or situation. Because of this, it is finest to use a structured process to determine what ecommerce solution will work best for your specific needs.
Don’t just ask yourself what is WooCommerce and can it help me. Instead of jumping into the review of WooCommerce as a solution, start by documenting your individual needs. Consider functionality, theme availability, documentation, and support. Once you have this list well documented, compare it to a variety of solutions to see if WooCommerce meets your requirements.
Not sure how to make documentation of your requirements? One can read through our website of Wms to learn more about WordPress ecommerce and what you can do examination of purchase.
Technophile,would like to write on technology. Hope it will be usefull to needy people.