Is consulting for career a need or requirement?
Posted: Nov 07, 2017
After the accomplishment of book learning, the later trail for you to make a way in your professional life is to opt for a right career. For every unaccustomed thing, you need advice of the experienced folks to overcome the hurdles in your way. This is a need of every novice. It must be a real puzzle for you to choose a fair avenue. The solution for this puzzle is a career consultation. Career navigation guides you on the issues related to your career. If you are not able to decide which profession to choose, or how to search for a job, taking help of a career counselor is the right option. It will help you with self-questioning and to analyze your interests and skills.
- Career Consultation is effective :
To give your life the right direction, career guidance is both a necessity and a demand. Bear in mind that the decisions you take are irrevocable. So, avoid yourself from tasting the bitterness of your erroneous judgement about the career. Instead, consider career counseling imperative for your career since it actually helps. For this, search for a good counselor with a license and experience to build a strong foundation for you career.
- What a career counseling offers you? :
Career counselors study you properly in order to know your interests and potential. This helps them to guide you to pick what is suitable for you. The three elements that are used by career counselors are:1. Aptitude2. Interest3. Personality
These criteria enable counselors to pick right career for you. After figuring out what is a befitting option for you, preparations to build your career path relating your strengths to the market reality starts.
Career counselors not only connect with you but also associate with your family in order to keep you motivated and optimistic.
- Career counseling is like a crystal ball :
You are at the juncture of your life when you are not sure to determine what career is good for you. That's when approaching a career counselor is crucial. When you are in a dilemma, it is the best way to seek a professional help. Taking counseling will help you in the following ways :
- Career counselors will analyze your strength and weakness and chalk out plans on capitalizing and overcoming them.
- It helps you to know about your shortfalls. You can downturn your imperfections under the guidance of your counselors. They will teach you how to develop confidence and what to expect from your current and future jobs.
- They will help you with the job hunting process. This doesn't mean that they go on knocking at the door of companies with you. Instead of that, they will help you to improve your resume and polish your personality.
- You will learn how to develop contacts and to be an effective networker. You will also get an idea about what the recruiters expect from the employees they are going to hire.
Remember "it takes two hands to clap" so, it's equally your duty to cooperate with the counselors to thrive well. Trust your mentor and work hard to shape yourself into a new you.
Counseling is the bridge that makes your career path easy to walk on. So, start analyzing your capabilities with the help of your mentor. Take an initiative to improve your skills and create a new path for your career.
Harmion Morris is a career adviser by profession. She is always eager to share her knowledge and experiences through her blogs and articles and also contributor to Bsr.