Wonderful Ethnic Wears That Are Adored By Every Indian
by Jorden Newark
Posted: Nov 08, 2017
Posted: Nov 08, 2017
Many fashionable Indian men and women prefer western dresses that are often more convenient to wear for daily uses in colleges, offices or formal parties. But the ethnic Indian attires are greatly loved by all the people of this country, irrespective of their age or social status. Indian garbs are mainly favored for the sophisticated elegance of these clothing styles. There are different varieties of Indian men’s and women’s wears. But it is necessary to identify the types of Indian costumes that will go best on different occasions and the venues of those particular events.
Indian dress items that are must in every Indian wardrobe
The wardrobe of a person should contain stylish Indian apparels to meet the demands of all kinds of occasions generally attended by the Indians.
- Dupatta –
- A bright coloured dupatta with intricate embroideries or patchworks is a must in the wardrobe of every Indian woman so that they can use it with any salwar kamez of simple look or even the gorgeous Anarkali suits. Some fashionable girls also wear gorgeous dupattas with harem trousers and spaghetti tank tops. Even sarees can be made more attractive, by wrapping this kind of vibrant looking dupatta over the body just like a shawl is used in winters.
- Kurta –
- The kurtas are the most popular informal and smart attire that can be matched up with any trouser, jeans or legging. Some long kurtas with elegant printed designs may be used with Patiala type of salwar or churidar on special occasions. The kurtas are also available in various other styles; namely A-cut, umbrella-shaped, short sized or in the pattern of a tunic without any split on either side. Several kurtas of silk, crepe, georgette, cotton and linen should be stacked in a wardrobe, to dress in Indian style whenever desired.
- Blouse –
- It is literally not possible to buy a matching coloured blouse with every saree. So it is best to keep a black, white or silver and a golden coloured blouse in the wardrobe of a fashionable Indian woman. These three colours usually match brilliantly with most of the sarees of different coloured shades.
- Leggings –
- The leggings are needed to be bought according to the colours of the kurtas present in a wardrobe. But in general, black leggings and white coloured leggings finely match most of the colours of the kurtas. The ankle-long leggings are perfectly suitable with the short kurtas, tunics or the broad sized shirts of umbrella-cut. The full-length leggings are usually used instead of churidar or salwar, due to the benefit that the wearer does not need a dupatta with it.
- Pakistani trouser –
- Pakistani styled trousers that extend only up to the ankle is currently hotcake of the fashion market. All stylish Indian women love to wear these trousers with the long kurtas or kaftans. The tall-figured women look elegant in these trousers when paired up with high-heel footwear.
- Punjabi juttis or Kolhapuri chappals –
- The traditional Indian look can be inflated by wearing the fashionable Punjabi juttis or Kolhapuri chappals. This kind of footwear is available in many vibrant colours, with additional embellishments for bringing more elegance. People use this Indian styled footwear with all designs of salwar kameez, long skirts, Punjabi suits or kurta-leggings on any occasion.
- Patiala salwar –
- Patiala salwars are now widely used on all types of formal or informal occasions, as well as daily wears. This loosely fitted dress item of any vibrant colour can be elegantly matched with any simple kurta, T-shirt, shirts with more length and plain tunics with sleeveless jackets.
- Long skirt –
- The long, Indian styled skirts look best when paired with graceful sleeveless tops of short lengths or fashionable kurtas with wider necklines. The young women can also wear this type of skirt with shoulder strap tops and classy stoles, to render more grace to their appearances.