Things to Consider for making Recruitment Strategy Successful
Posted: Dec 21, 2017
In a highly competitive business scenario, can we deny the importance of attracting and retaining the right talents? Interestingly, today, five generations are working in the workforce- traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, Gen Yers or Millenials, and Gen 2020- all are together in a more diverse workforce than ever. In such a challenging situation, recruiters need to think like marketers while creating a culture of innovation and increasing the engagement level. Needless to say, an effective recruitment strategy holds a key to serve these objectives.
A successful recruitment strategy enables companies to find the most suitable candidates for the given requirements without wasting time on targeting the unsuitable ones. Here is a quick checklist for making recruitment strategy fruitful when recruiters are on their toes during the recruiting spree:
- Goal and timeline determination: As a recruiter, you cannot put core business goals besides. For determining timeline effectively, you need to work in an anticlockwise manner. You need to start from the possible date by which you want to fill up the position. It is a good practice to include an application deadline dates and several important dates in the timeline.
- Job description review and update: The complete job descriptions should accompany the vacancies. It is advisable to review each job description in line with the job position and ensure that all the necessary aspects related to the position are included in the description.
- Key contact search: This is one of the best tips you can apply in the social media-driven world. If you find prospects for the open positions, just start connecting with them through social media networks like LinkedIn and FB.
- Effective advertising plan creation: Advertising plays a vital role when you execute the campaign properly. For example, if you want to hire interns, no need to publish an ad in any industry magazine. But, if you have vacancies for executives, you have to leave no stone unturned.
- Social media promotion: Social channels can find the right candidates if an effective social media promotion plan is in force. You can find the professionals as per the specific goals through different social media channels. For example, influencers are available on Twitter and FB whereas programmers and developers are present on LinkedIn.
- Interview process planning: A properly planned interview process includes all the aspects related to job description and the company’s specific requirements. Careful planning of an interview can lead to hiring a right candidate.
- Proper documentation of process: Finally, any efficient and effective recruitment plan involves proper documentation for the entire process. You can make notes of interview processes and decisions. It is necessary to keep track of any hiring decision for various reasons.
These aspects are capable of relieving the stress of the recruiters and they can give it their best shot!
We, at Mettl, know the importance of effective recruitment strategy in place. With our comprehensive talent measurement solutions based on the scientifically validated online assessments, you can just pick the right people for your organization.
When you are considering your subject’s role in that time ask yourself.