7 Steps to Hire a Reliable Local Mover
Posted: Jan 19, 2018
With millions of relocations every year across the country, it is very difficult to say that all of them go flawlessly, without any problems whatsoever. In fact, it all depends on how people choose a mover for their relocation process. If it is a reputable mover, then the process is supposed to go smoothly. Otherwise, this difficult process can become an extremely big hassle and it may end up on a big loss. Here are the 7 simple steps that can help you choose the most reliable local movers for your moving process.
1. Search Online and Ask Your Friends/ColleaguesBegin the search by exploring the web and also asking your colleagues for a local mover in Springfield, VA that they think is a reliable mover. Possibility is that one of your friends might be familiar with a reputable mover in the city. Otherwise, you can find a few local movers from the internet that appears on the first page of the Google. Select a few movers and move to the step 2.
2. Shortlist the Nearest Local CompaniesFor you, the best moving companies are those that are located nearest to your home. In addition to their proximity to your location, you also need to take a look at some other important factors as well that we will discuss in our next points. At this moment, you can shortlist 4-5 nearest moving companies.
3. Exclude the Movers without a License or Insurance PlanNow, you should inquire about the license and insurance of the selected companies that you shortlisted in the second step. The companies that are not licensed or insured are not supposed to be the right choice for a successful move. Ask the company for their license number and if they don’t provide it, then exclude them from your list.
4. Read Online ReviewsAfter highlighting the companies that are licensed and insured, you should go online and read client reviews from there. You can find these reviews on the website of the companies and also on related online forums. You should underline those companies that have the best reviews from their clients. Avoid the companies that have extreme bad reviews against them.
Useful Tip: You can also ask the companies with good reviews about the referrals. Referrals are the company’s previous clients to whom you can talk or meet in person to know what they think about the company’s services.
5. Get a Service EstimateIn this step, you should ask the selected companies for a service estimate. Professional companies usually charge nothing for a work estimate. Ask the companies to visit your place and give estimate after taking a look at the work to be done. A moving estimate depends on the factors like the weight of the belongings to be moved, space they take, and distance to be covered. This is why you should ask the companies for an in-house estimate.
6. Ask the Movers Why You Hire Them?Ask the company with relatively higher service rates why their service rates are higher than their competitors. By asking that company you might come to know that the company offers some additional services, like packing or cleaning. If the company’s answer does not satisfy you, then you can move to the other companies.
7. Compare and Choose the BestFinally, compare the service features, reputation, client reviews, service rates, and other such factors of the selected companies to highlight the best choice. By making a comparison, you can easily identify the most reliable local mover in Reston, VA or other parts of the state, including Springfield.
Doing a little research about the local movers can help you ensure a smooth and successful move, whether you are moving within the state or outside. Always opt for the services of a mover that is recognized for providing reliable services, instead of cheap rate services.