Nutritional Value Of Black Tea And Benefits Of Drinking Black Tea
Posted: Jan 25, 2018
Black tea is procured from the leaves of a shrub called Camellia sinensis. The leaves of the same plant are also used to procure white tea, green tea and oolong tea.
However, black tea is stronger in taste and flavour than any other type of tea. This is because, black tea is more oxidised than other varieties of tea. The the premium black tea leaves are allowed to fully oxidise before they are heat-processed and dried and are described as "fully oxidised". The caffeine content found in black tea is higher in black tea as compared to the less oxidised varieties. Unlike green tea which loosed its flavour within a year, black tea leaves can retain their flavour for several years. Black tea is also the most popular tea in the world.
Nutritional value of black tea and Benefits of drinking black tea
- Black tea contains antioxidants like Theaflavins, Thearubigins and Catechins that can help prevent certain types of cancers.
- Black tea also contains the highest amount of caffeine among the 4 varieties of tea and also contains Theophylline. Its caffeine and Theophylline content help in keeping us energised.
- Black tea contains polyphenols which help protect our cells and DNA against damage.
- It also contains the amino acid L-theanine helps in relaxing and boosting up the concentration and focus levels.
- Black tea contains alkyl-amine which is an antigen that helps in boosting and strengthening our immunity.
- It contains Fluoride which can help in protecting teeth and bones. It can help contribute by improving oral health through various characteristics, including anti-bacterial properties and fluoride content that may help protect against cavities and gum disease and may strengthen tooth enamel. The flavonoids present in the tea may inhibit the plaque-forming ability of oral bacteria, and the fluoride in tea may support healthy tooth enamel.
- Regular consumption of black tea can help keep the heart healthy. Studies have shown that consumption of black tea is linked to a reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases. The tea flavonoids may help promote heart health by improving blood vessel and endothelial function, and by improving cholesterol levels.
- Black tea contains epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG which may help in protecting our bodies from risk of various types pf cancers. The EGCG compounds act as antioxidants and slow down or can completely prevent growth of cancer cells. They also block formation of new blood vessels which cancers need to feed themselves for nutrients.
- The catechises present in black tea have been shown to help reduce blood sugar and provide insulin-boosting activity, which may be beneficial for people with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- The antioxidants present in black tea are responsible for boosting the immune system.
- A substance called L-theanine present in black tea can boost immunity and help the immune system in fighting infection, bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Regular consumption of black tea has been linked to a higher bone mineral density (BMD). Studies have shown that drinking of black tea may boost bone-building markers and improve muscle mass, both of which may reduce the risk for osteoporosis and fracture.
Where to Buy black tea online
We recommend you to buy black tea online from Teafloor. It is an online platform to buy black tea at affordable prices. They acquire their teas from authentic plantation and gardens and quality of their teas is 100% assured. TeaFloor also offers other varieties of tea such as green tea, oolong tea, white tea and CTC. We recommend that you check out TeaFloor.com to find out the latest black tea offers.
We believes in authentic products and only delivers the same.