- Views: 8
- Report Article
- Health & Fitness
- Dental Care
Dental implants Dandenong is the ultimate solution to ever shining teeth
Posted: Apr 12, 2018
Having healthy teeth by birth is one thing and maintaining them throughout your lifetime is altogether another ball game. It is not everybody’s cup of tea to take out a lot of time to ensure that your teeth stay intact always!
Without any doubt, your smile is one of the most attractive things about you and a set of perfect pearly whites never fails to catch everyone’s eye. It can prove to be the most prominent part of your face. But, unseen situations can arise at any time and due to that if you happen to lose one or some teeth, you do not need to worry a lot. Because, today, with so much advancement in the medical field, the dental aspect has not been lifted behind!
Dentists today offer a number of solutions to help you restore your smile and the completeness of your teeth. Dental implants, Dandenong has become a hot area where people are opting for this solution with utmost trust.
Dental implants are the area of dentistry where you can replace missing tooth or teeth, through a variety of methods.
The types of Dental Implants available
Speaking broadly, there are three ways dental implant can work its magic in replacing a missing tooth or teeth:
- Having a removable denture
- Placing a conventional bridge that is kept on the teeth on either side of the gap
- Placing an implant-retained crown
What is Dental Implants all about?
The advent of dental implants in the last few years has advanced the process of replacing missing teeth in a major way. However, when dental implants or teeth dentures are considered, dentists need to take a number of factors into consideration. They must include -
The present condition of the teeth on either side of the missing tooth
The remaining levels of bone in and around the tooth area
The patient’s individual preferences of what they actually are looking at from this dental implant
The Natural way out
Implant-retained crowns and bridges are the most natural way to replace missing teeth; however, there are some issues that need to be considered. For example, enough bones need to be present in the jaw to hold the implant. Otherwise, bone grafting needs to be done. This would require surgery by an oral and maxillofacial specialist.
However, it is important for the dentist to inform this to the patient beforehand, so he/she can decide if they wish to proceed with it.
Single Tooth Replacement
There are three possible methods by which a single missing tooth can be replaced:
- Implant Retained Crowns: In this method, the implant is placed into the jaw and left to heal for three to six months. Then it is used as a foundation for the crown or bridge. The healing period is essential to allow the implant to fuse with the bone
- Bridges: A bridge is an artificial tooth that is supported by the natural teeth on either side. These bridges can last a long time and are pleasing to look at. It is necessary to trim and prepare the teeth on either side to enable them to support the bridge
- Partial Dentures: These are removable appliances that can be used to replace either a single tooth or multiple teeth. They can be uncomfortable to wear, and nowadays they are only used as a temporary measure, till an implant or bridge is fitted.
Multiple Teeth Replacement
Even for this, there are three different ways:
- Partial Dentures: These are removable plates for supporting single or multiple teeth. Dentures are made of plastic or cobalt-chrome alloy and are easy to maintain and clean
- Conventional Bridges: An artificial tooth is used to replace your missing tooth or teeth, and gets its support from adjacent natural teeth. Bridges can last for a long time and are a good replacement option. However, adjacent teeth should be able to support the bridge
- Partial Implant-Retained Fixed Bridges: Instead of adjacent teeth supporting the false tooth, it is the jawbone that supports the implant-retained bridges
Full Teeth Replacement
Just like single and multiple teeth replacements, full teeth replacement also has three different ways:
- Full Implant-Retained Fixed Bridges: This is a permanent or fixed option to replace all your teeth. Four to six implants are placed in both the jaws for supporting the bridges
- Implant-Retained Removable Dentures: These removable dentures come with the implants as small attachments that support the denture
- Full Dentures: These are removable plates for both jaws supporting a full set of false teeth.
So what are you waiting for? Reach out to the nearest dentist today and check with them the complete process for Dental Implants Dandenong! Find out about the duration and after effects of the treatment before settling in for it.
CITRA DENTAL GROUP has a dentist who is very capable and experienced professional and does the Dandenong dental implant with great care and restores your natural look.