How to Fix Norton Antivirus Troubleshoot Error
There may be lots of reasons for software malfunction. Common reasons are Software is not installed correct, updates are interrupted or accidentally deleted some files associated with software and many others. If users come across Norton Antivirus problems then some of the steps to follow are as described below.
- Check if your version of Norton Antivirus is up to date or not. To do this, open Norton and click on "Run Live update".
- Antivirus gets updated to latest version.
- If the error still persists, the other option to try is to remove and reinstall the Norton Antivirus.
- Down the "Norton Remove and Reinstall tool" which is available at Norton website.
- After downloading, double click the icon.
- Tick the check box beside of Agree after going through the license agreement.
- Click on continue or remove button.
- Now Click on Restart now.
- Norton will be removed and computer restarts.
- The tool reinstalls the antivirus after restarting the computer. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed to final steps for installation.
- You will probably need to select location to install, couple of "next" buttons and a clean version of Norton Antivirus is now installed in your computer.
- The above steps should resolve your issue.
If the above procedure doesn’t work, kindly approach the Norton Antivirus Support Number and experts will solve the issue. If users are having trouble using features of Norton then call to Norton Support Number.
After the installation, users will need to register once again using the key code. Run a full scan and remove the harmful files detected in the computer. Common route for viruses and malware to enter your computer is the user’s activities. In few cases, virus is coded in such a way to bypass the antivirus and disable it. Few things to look out for are as follows.
- Do not click on flashing advertisements located to left or right of websites.
- Do not click on links sent through unknown emails.
- Do not download PDF files with.exe extension.(PDF files will be of.pdf format)
- Make sure that real time protection for Norton Antivirus is switched ON.
- Keep your antivirus up to date with latest versions.
- Run scans in the computer on regular intervals.
- Delete unnecessary data.
8. While sharing movies or files with your friends through pendrive or any other sharing devices, scan them first with Norton Antivirus .
- It is better to completely avoid experimenting with Key generators.
- Most of key-gen are spam and coded to exploit computers.
The above are some of the steps to keep computer safe and our actions also help Norton Antivirus to provide better and efficiency security.
Common error faced by users is Norton Antivirus giving the sign "You are at risk". In this situation, features like Firewall, SONAR and Auto-protect will be turned off. This means that Norton cannot protect your computer and users need to fix this. Few things to do for recovering from this error are,
- Run live update to check and download latest versions of Norton Antivirus.
- Error arises if scans are not performed past few days. So a quick scan or full scan should solve the issue.
- If the subscription is over, it prompts the user to renew subscription. After renewing, Norton will be back doing its duties.
If the above methods don’t work then call the Norton Antivirus Support Number to resolve the issue. In some cases if experts are busy handling other cases reach out for Norton Support Number and Norton Tech Support Number.