Get Yahoo Mail in Gmail - Email Help Desk
Posted: Jul 17, 2018
- Kindly Note** Gmail access requires a Yahoo! Mail Plus subscription; it does not work with plain Yahoo! Mail accounts.
- Additional Note 1** In addition to fetching new messages, Gmail also can import existing mail (and address book entries) from your Yahoo! Mail account; this does not require Yahoo! Mail Plus.
- Additional Note 2** As an alternative to having Yahoo! Mail download new mail, you also can set up Yahoo! Mail (with a Yahoo! Mail Plus subscription) to forward to your Gmail address.
If you find Gmail's interface more intuitive and convenient than Yahoo!'s, you're not alone: Many email users appreciate Gmail's advanced search capabilities, flexibility, and organizational aids. If you've been using Yahoo! for email but prefer Gmail, there's no need to change your email address or close your Yahoo! account. Luckily, Gmail makes it easy for you to receive and send email through your Yahoo! account using its interface.
Once you go through the procedure outlined below, your Yahoo! email will show up in both your Yahoo! and Gmail accounts as it's received. You'll also be able to send email using your Yahoo! address right from Gmail.
Set up Gmail to receive and send Yahoo! Mail Plus emails:
- 1. Make sure you have a current Yahoo! Mail Plus subscription.
- 2. Click the Settings gear in Gmail.
- 3. Select Settings from the menu that appears.
- 4. Go to the Accounts and Import tab.
- 5. Click Add a POP3 mail account you own (or Add another email address you own) under Check mail from other accounts (using POP3).
- 6. Type your Yahoo! Mail address under Email address.
- 7. Click Next Step.
- 8. Enter your full Yahoo! Mail address under Username.
- 9. Type your Yahoo! Mail password under Password.
- 10. Make sure pop.mail.yahoo.com is selected under POP Server.
- >>> Use pop.att.yahoo.com or pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com for AT&T email.
- >>> If the desired server does not appear in the drop-down menu:
- ~~Select Other.
- ~~Type the server name under POP Server.
- >>> With Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server not checked, your Yahoo! email will be retained only in Gmail, not in Yahoo!.
- 15. Optionally, check Archive incoming messages (Skip the Inbox) to create archived copies of your new Yahoo! Mail messages without having them interfere with your normal use of Gmail.
- 16. Click Add Account.
- 17. Select Yes, I want to be able to send mail as ___ under Would you also like to be able to send mail as ___?.
- 18. Click Next Step.
- 19. Under Name, enter the name you want to appear in the From line when you send mail using your Yahoo! Mail address from Gmail.
- 20. Typically, you should check to Treat as an alias.
- >>> Having the Yahoo! Mail address treated as an alias means Gmail will view email from your Yahoo! Mail address as coming from you, and mail to your Yahoo! Mail address as sent to you.
- >>> If you send a message from Yahoo! Mail to your Gmail address with Treat as an alias enabled and reply in Gmail, your Gmail address will appear in the To field instead of the Yahoo! Mail address; to prevent this, make sure Treat as an alias is not checked.
- >>> Click Specify a different "reply-to" address.
- >>> Type the desired address under Reply-to address.
- 22. Click Next Step.
- 23. Select Send through yahoo.com SMTP servers.
- 24. Enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com under SMTP Server.
- 25. Choose 465 under Port.
- 26. Enter your Yahoo! Mail address under Username.
- 27. Type your Yahoo! Mail password under Password.
- 28. Make sure Secured connection using SSL is selected.
- 29. Click Add Account.
- 30. Click Send Verification if you are prompted.
- 31. Open the email from "Gmail Team" with the subject "Gmail Confirmation – Send Mail as ___" that you should receive at your Yahoo! Mail address.
- 32. Copy the confirmation code.
- 33. Paste the code under Enter and verify the confirmation code in the Gmail Add another email address you own window.
34. Click Verify and Done.
Hi, I am Gutif IT support analyst at Hush Communications Ltd where I enjoy providing customer support and service to our clients. when hush mail consumers need live support and help with their email queries you can just contact me here.