How to Download Pictures and Videos from Google Photos on Mac or PC
Posted: Aug 13, 2018
Google Photos are an amazing option for backing up pictures and videos. The pictures and videos can be synchronized across multiple Android and iOS devices and can be accessed via web browsers. Downloading Google Photos data is pretty easy. You can download all or some of the data stored in Google Photos to your computer. Here is how you can download photos and videos from Google Photos to Windows or Mac computer:
Download and install Google Backup and Sync
- Open the web browser and go to photos.google.com/apps.
- When the page loads, you will be able to see the Google Backup and Sync home page.
- Now, just click on the Download button in the home screen. Google Backup and Sync automatically backs up pictures and videos from computers.
- An installer file (executable) will start downloading on the system.
- Depending on the web browser, you may be prompted to select the download location.
- Just select the Download location and click on the Save button.
- When the file gets downloaded, go to the download location and locate the file. Double-click on it.
- Now the installer file will download and install the correct program.
- Click on the Run button if and when prompted.
- Follow the prompts on the screen and finish installing the application.
- Reboot the computer when the app gets installed.
Set up Google Backup and Sync
- Now head to your Google Drive, and sign in to your account.
- After signing in, click on the Settings button located on the upper right side of the Google Drive page.
- Click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to Create a Google Photos folder, and click on the square following it. By doing so, the Google pictures will automatically be put in a folder in My Drive.
- Click on the Done button located at the upper right edge of the page.
- Now, exit from the webpage.
- Go to the taskbar and find Google Backup and Sync. Its icon is white in color and consists of a cloud with a grey arrow pointing upwards.
- Launch the app.
- Now, you need to sign in. Enter the email address and click on the Next button.
- Enter the password.
- Once you have signed in, you will be able to see many options which will guide you through the procedure of setting up.
- In the My Laptop tab, click on Back up photos and videos.
- After that, proceed to Next.
- Click on CHOOSE FOLDER and pick the location for Google photos storage.
- Pick the photo and video upload size. You have two options: High quality and original quality.
- Click on the OK button in the lower right corner of the screen.
Download the pictures and videos
- Now, the files will get uploaded to the Google Drive.
- When the files have uploaded, right-click on the Backup and Sync app’s icon.
- Select the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Google Drive tab.
- Now, select the option: Sync only these folders.
- Select Google Photos from the list.
- And then, click on the OK button located at the bottom right edge of the screen.
- Now, the photos will start getting downloaded to the system.
Source : www.Norton.com/setup
I am working in I.T staff and I like to read books..