5 Ingredient Healthy Matcha Pancakes!
Posted: Aug 31, 2018
This one has got to be one of our all time favourite matcha pancake recipes not only because it’s super quick and easy but it also hits all the food groups you want and need to kick-start your day! Just like any of our matcha recipes, we would suggest altering the amount of matcha used to your likings and of course we recommend playing around with more spices, flavours, superfoods and toppings!
There are so many ways to enhance the recipe (see ‘other recipe suggestions/modifications) to make it vegan, even healthier and even tastier. This recipe can also be used to make easy matcha oat and banana cookies if you omit the eggs and almond milk- these are DELISH!
We understand the importance of having quick and easy breakfast ideas, particularly for busy people, mums, business owners and overall hustlers. We ALSO understand the need to have cheap yet healthy food options, so this one will cost next to nothing to make as well- it’s a win win for everyone!
Not only is it one of our favourite recipes but it’s also fool-proof, can be made with kids, only needs 5 main ingredients and is completely refined sugar free.
1 ripe banana
- cup almond milk
- cup rolled oats
1 tsp matcha
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Cook on a non-stick pan until golden on each side!
- Top with your favourite toppings!*
- We love using fresh berries such as strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- Plain natural or Greek yoghurt is delicious with it for your morning protein hit!
- Sprinkle some nuts or granola or seeds for crunch
- Sprinkle cinnamon to stabilise the blood sugar, particularly in the morning!
- Thaw frozen berries on the stove top- it creates a delicious ‘coulis-like’ topping idea
- Smear peanut butter, tahini or almond butter between the pancake layers
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on it
Other Recipe Suggestions/Modifications
- For vegan, try substituting the egg with a flax or chia egg
- Adding chia seeds in the pancake mixture can make it more dense and filling
- Adding cacao nibs or chunks of loving earth chocolate into the pancake batter (it’s amazing)
- Adding maca powder, turmeric powder and spirulina will give you a superfood boost!
If you loved this recipe, check out matcha recipes for more ideas OR check us out on Instagram @matcha_maiden for all the matcha recipe inspo!
We get it. With all the new health revelations coming through in the last decade, trying to understand what most of them are and what they do seems like a daunting task. Does it even taste good? Is it even going to help me?