Common Van Hiring Mistakes That You Should Avoid
Posted: Sep 12, 2018
Many people when hiring a van on The Gold Coast often do not put enough thought into it so can become disappointed with the outcome. Depending on the type of move you want to make, the distance you’re moving, the amount of time you have to make your move and the budget you have to work with, a well-planned van hire on the Gold Coast can be an enjoyable and cost effective decision.
A few points to consider so that you avoid some common mistakes:
- When moving your home or office, try and start the preparations as soon as you have made the decision to move and have a destination. Do not put it off until the last minute as most busy people find that it’s surprising how quickly time races by and before you know it your moving day will be upon you.
- Sort out how much stuff you have to move, this is a good time to get rid of thing you no longer require or want anymore. Maybe place the things you want to keep with you in one area and set the things you don’t want in another area when you can sell, give to friends or relatives or take to the recycling center.
- Now that you have determined the size of your load it becomes easier to find a van hire on Gold Cost that will be ideal for your purposes.
- Work out the route you will use when you drive so you are familiar with how to get there and any obstacles such as one-way streets steep hills or sharp corners. Check to see if there are any sports or cultural events in the area that could be problematic on the day of your move.
- Several weeks before you plan on hiring a van, get a few quotes from different van hire places so you can compare the different options they have
- 1. Ask the Hire companies about their rates for the time you require the van, making sure you give yourself plenty of time to load, drive to the destination, unload and then have a good break before returning the van to the company
- 2. Find out about a ½ day, full day, 24 hour and weekend rates, sometimes you may get a good deal for a 3 day weekend. Check the insurance cover the offer, usually, this is covered in the hire rate but it can be a good idea to ask for extra insurance
- 3. Find out about penalties rates for returning the van late in case of unforeseen circumstances
- 4. Most hire companies have new or near new vans for hire, but some can give you an older model at a reduced rate if you are on a tight budget
- 5. Find out if they have a drop-off and a pick-up service and what if any extra charges
Gold Coast Truck Rentals offer Truck, Pantech, Ute & Van Hire on the Gold Coast suburbs. We strive to maintain a hassle free experience for our clients, at an affordable rate.